cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waterfox doesn't work with Cam4.com

1Steve
Making moves

Waterfox is not working with Cam4.com All other browsers load normally. But if I use Waterfox, Cam4 refuses to open the homepage and instead opens a page telling me that I need to upgrade to a compatible browser. The odd thing is it says Firefox is OK.waterfox.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Luckless
Making moves

You should probably not be posting this here. I'd recommend asking the waterfox community directly. That being said, this sounds like an issue being caused by the browsers user agent. There are different methods to change your user agent, I recommend looking up "waterfox change user agent" or similar search terms to find a good solution. Just change the user agent to a default Firefox tag rather than the fork user agent.

Edit: A user agent is just a string of text that tells websites what browser you are using. So currently the site is being told you're using waterfox which it doesn't consider a legitimate browser even though they are both similarly functional. By changing the user agent you are tricking the site into thinking you are using default Firefox or some other browser.