cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visually impaired people

gancot2021
Making moves

I am done with being "friendly" and asking civil questions, getting stupid or indistinguishable answers, or none at all.  Your whole (non) "support" system is non existing.  The way you have this set up is idiotic and unusable.  We need answers now and not if someone "decides" to post and answer.

On this page the window for "Products" don<t work nor give you any idea what t.f. you want!

I am visually impaired and cannot search for what I need, and you are not making anything clear to find in that f..ing jungle of writing for normal people.  No wonder you bastards want to kill off the majority of the population!

I want a place where I can find ANSWERS!

I asked if there is a way to increase the Font Size of the Desktop and the whole program in a simple fashion, for anyone to see readily, since I am visually impaired and need to use a magnifying glass to operate your Browser!  I don't need an answer by any Forum or such but by you and your product.  As simple and not very unusual this question is, I would like to be able to find the answer readily on the desktop site.  You IT people are a condescending bunch of overpaid idiots, and don't tell me otherwise because I know more about it, playing with it ever since the 1960's!

One more thing. You idiots are not playing with kids here. I take offense with you "handing out" badges to 80 year olds! I don't need consent from you for anything, so f.o.

4 REPLIES 4

gancot2021
Making moves

F... You, no Delete Button!

jscher2000
Leader

@gancot2021 wrote:

I asked if there is a way to increase the Font Size of the Desktop and the whole program in a simple fashion, for anyone to see readily, since I am visually impaired and need to use a magnifying glass to operate your Browser! 

Currently, the base sizing of text on the toolbar area and on web pages is drawn from your operating system settings. You can override that and scale text up further in Firefox, but the setting (layout.css.devPixelsPerPx) is difficult to find and use. That definitely could be improved.

billyswong
Making moves

Have you tried changing the Windows setting? Firefox is certainly not the only program that use standard UI font size setting provided by the OS. If you find text on the Firefox user interface hard to read, I am quite sure you are also feeling the same for file explorer, notepad, and many other programs.

Follow the link below and see if it helps. Two orthogonal ways are provided ("Make text bigger" vs "Make everything bigger") and you are free to apply any one of them. (Windows 10 and Windows 11 UI are different. So select the OS version you are using at the beginning of reading the article.)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-text-and-apps-bigger-c3095a80-6edd-4779-9282-623c4d...

Personally I recommend the "Make everything bigger". That setting is less buggy.

P.S. if you are using Mac... there are similar setting as described in https://www.eizoglobal.com/support/compatibility/dpi_scaling_settings_mac_os_x/, but beware. Only 100% and 200% gives sharp and clean text. Other options in MacOS may make text and images a little bit fuzzy. So, if you find text in Apple computer either too small, too big, or fuzzy and you want none of them, your only way out is to buy a monitor in different DPI that is tailored for your eyesight.

Luca_Pavan
Familiar face

What are you exactly trying to do? Maybe I can tell you a solution here directly if you want. If you simply wanted to increase font size you could open Windows screen properties and change DPI values (if available) and text and other elements size manually, but what's your OS? To change Windows settings you shouldn't ask on Firefox discussion page. If you want you can change only Firefox font size on its settings, check Characters and Zoom (on General, just scroll down a bit to see them). Do you want to know something else? Perhaps billyswong looks having explained much, but do you still need help?