cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instagram live

meiii
Making moves

instagram live is not working since i updated to the latest version of firefox. i checked different browsers and they work fine so fix is needed ASAP!!!

7 REPLIES 7

noybman
Making moves

I agree 100%. This is literally why I loathe auto updates.  Especially forced or unannounced auto updates. We have something that works, a software engineer either makes a mistake or is directed to do something that breaks other functionality, and the tens or thousands, hundreds of thousands .... millions of users using the product that worked 24 hours ago, are all stuck, frustrated, debugging only to learn it is (in this case) FIREFOX.

Great job.

Instagram Live works on Chrome and Edge as of today. I cleared all cookies, made security settings less restrictive, rebooted, restarted firefox a dozen times - still, instagram live gives me a blank white page.

denschub
Employee
Employee

Hey there! Thanks for your report, and sorry you're having issues. I just ran a quick test, and it seems to work fine for me, so I want to dig a bit deeper to figure out what's happening for you.

Is the issue you're experiencing on Firefox Desktop, or a mobile browser? Which operating system are you currently on? Is it failing for you every time, or just sometimes?

noybman
Making moves

I'm going to try on another machine and make sure its running the same version (or not, and then make sure it is). But to help with your questions so you can check your end:

I cannot speak for the OP, but I'm on Windows 11 Pro, thus desktop (firefox browser 101.0). IG live works fine on my android (same account and IP, just an android).

I can assure you, this occurred after the Firefox update.

noybman
Making moves

I tried it on another firefox browser on another machine, and didn't even use my account and had the same issue.

I cleared cookies, cache etc. no luck.

I then went to uninstall firefox on the test machine since chrome is the browser of choice on that machine. Firefox begged me not to uninstall, it suggested a refresh. Sure why not - lets try it.

The refresh worked.

I then went back on my machine, prior to doing a refresh, I tried a private window. Private window worked, but the standard window did not!!!!

I refreshed my own install and it is working now everywhere.

I'm guessing others will find this to be the solution - but again - shame on Mozilla. Obviously something changed in 101.0 (and 101.0.1 didnt fix it either); and clearly clearing data and cache doesn't clear everything, or at least settings wise internal to Firefox workings.

noybman
Making moves

After some driver updates and a restart today, it is not working again. Tiktok, youtube, other sites all work....

However, Instagram, shows me a blank screen for live videos. I can hear the ongoing audio, but the video and all page content is MIA (missing in action). I get no NAV menu, no errors, just loads a blank page. (It was doing this before too).

I've already cleared all cookies, session data, and even tried an in-private window and it does not work. I also installed from a fresh download "103.0b6" .....

The next step seems like "uninstalling-repair" and/or deleting my profile AGAIN.

noybman
Making moves

I uninstalled, removed all profiles folders, reinstalled. Firefox having no profile info at all and still, no video when I open Instagram live......

Instagram Live is working on other browsers.

It is now officially broken on my machine and I have no idea how to get it back besides use other browsers..... Which..... shouldn't be a thing!

noybman
Making moves

Well.... it is no longer working on ANY browser, or the Windows Store IG app (which looks like it just uses Edge).

Anyways.... guess I'll be trying it on another PC again. see if this happens there or not. Maybe its my computer, I did just update video drivers today.