cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhappy with the new rollout of FireFox

sstaten1981
Making moves

I was in the middle of a website project when I was notified on 5/31/2022 that I had to log back into the new Firefox update.  In doing so, all my work was lost and I now have to reinstitute my bookmarks and other pieces with Firefox.  This caused me precious work time and energy.  This was not done well.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Whoa, you definitely should not lose your bookmarks during a normal update. Did your Firefox crash during the update or mention either of these:

• Needing to or suggesting doing a "tune-up" to speed up Firefox? This run a Refresh which moves your old data to your desktop inside an Old Firefox Data folder.
  • Needing to create a new profile?

Mozilla Support can help you access data in a previously used profile, so long as it wasn't deleted. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Also, more generally, if you run Firefox on Windows or Mac, there's an option on the Settings page to control the timing of update installations. Instead of updates installing automatically in the background, Firefox prompts you to do the update. If you snooze it, you'll get a reminder approximately every 12 hours.

On Linux, however, your package manager generally controls update timing and that internal setting can't stop it.