cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLS 1.0 services not allowing and not working in the latest browser

Shiv8883
Making moves

TLS 1.0 services not allowing and not working in the latest browser

IT'S BETTER TO LOOK AND ALLOW THE tls 1.0 SERVICES ALSO.

4 REPLIES 4

Shiv8883
Making moves

It will definitely reduce your product usage.

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox has a backdoor method to re-enable older TLS levels, but they are not recommended. If required for your work, here is how you would do it:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste security.tls.version.min and pause while the list is filtered

This preference sets the lowest TLS level Firefox will use.

(C) Double-click the preference to display an editing field, and change the value as required, then press Enter or click the blue check mark button to save the change.

• 3 => TLS 1.2 or higher
  • 2 => TLS 1.1 or higher
  • 1 => TLS 1.0 or higher

2Big4YourBoots
Making moves

Thanks for your reply jscher2000 - I can readily edit this setting; however, it does not resolve the issue...

***I AM NOW UNABLE TO ACCESS MY HOME ROUTER***

After so far putting up with FireFox's arrogant decision to enforce mobile browsing on my 4K mobile device and also the incessant 'mine is bigger than yours' update feud with other browser makers, I'm finally at the point where, if I do not find an easy fix for resolving this access issue for my router, I will uninstall FireFox not only from our four home computers and mobile devices, but I will uninstall it from the fleet of laptops and desktops I manage at work.

I'm used to the heavy handed attitude from Microsoft and Google -- I do not expect it from FireFox, who is meant to be on the 'side' of the users...

I do understand that you are an end user just like I am, so my anger is by no means directed at you and the assistance you have provided.

@2Big4YourBoots wrote:

Thanks for your reply jscher2000 - I can readily edit this setting; however, it does not resolve the issue...

***I AM NOW UNABLE TO ACCESS MY HOME ROUTER***

What message do you get when trying to access your router -- what is the SEC_ERROR code (How to troubleshoot security error codes on secure websites)?

You might want to post this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ