cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird Calendar - Reminders need to be closed via Window-Button (bad UX)

rethus
Making moves

I'm not sure if that thread goes the same direction, but not "fully" as I think.

So I describe my issue here... if it's similar with the above one, we can continue in this thread.

TB-Version: 102.3.0

Module: Calendar

In the past, if the reminder pop up, and you clear the single reminders in it (e.g. cancel single ones, or click on the button in the lower left [don't know yet the exact label in english... is something like "clear all reminders"], then the whole reminder-window was closed.

That was a nice and good UX, because why should I need an empty window stay open, if there isn't anything to show inside. 

Up from the last upgrade, I got the issue, that the reminder-window stay open, even if there are no reminders inside anymore (see Screenshot).
Now I must click at the "close" button in the upper right corner to close this window.

Please bring back the previous functionality... if no reminders left in the window, close it.

16 REPLIES 16

hisashime
Making moves

I am also having this problem. When the event is "Snoozes All" or "Dismiss All" the Popup should disappear. Somehow now it stays open and requires me to close it manually. Please fix it.

No difference after updating to 102.3.1

RR512
Making moves

Release Notes for Thunderbird 102.3.2 say, that this problem should be solved. But actually it is not. Updated Thunderbird 102.3.1 on computer 1 to Thunderbird 102.3.2 and Thunderbird 91.13.1 to Thunderbird 102.3.2 on computer 2. On both computers reminder-window did not close, after all reminders have been dismissed or snoozed.

Then I replaced the calendar on computer 1 with an empty one and imported my calendar data from .ics calendar file, which I had exported before. In this case reminder-window closed automatically, after all reminders had been dismissed or snoozed. I'm not sure, what this means. There are many things wrong with calendar.

Regards
Reinhard

Regards
Reinhard

- Thunderbird 91.13.1 (32 Bit), Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 21H2, all mail accounts IMAP, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall
- Test systems with Windows 10 Home and Pro (x64), Thunderbird (32 Bit) 91.13.x und 102.3.x

Updated Thunderbird 102.3.2 on computer 1 to Thunderbird 102.3.3 and Thunderbird 91.13.1 to Thunderbird 102.3.2 and then to Thunderbird 102.3.3 on computer 2. On both computers reminder-window did not close, after all reminders have been dismissed or snoozed.

Even after replacing calendar with empty one and importing calendar data from .ics file Thunderbird 102.3.3 did not close reminder windows after all reminders had been dismissed or snoozed.

Regards
Reinhard

- Thunderbird 91.13.1 (32 Bit), Windows 10 Pro (x64) Version 21H2, all mail accounts IMAP, Windows Defender, Windows Firewall
- Test systems with Windows 10 Home and Pro (x64), Thunderbird (32 Bit) 91.13.x und 102.3.x

marat
Making moves

I have the same problem, still persisting after upgrade to 102.3.3. Please restore previous functionality!

hisashime
Making moves

102.3.2 have solved the problem. Thanks. I don't know why. before that it was still not working. After exporting the calendar the issue was solved. Not yet even update it to 102.3.3.

Sinbad
Making moves

Since the latest upgrade was installed last Monday (10/10/22) I have lost all my reminders from my Home Calendar. I have tried to recover them all from my backup but they still do not appear. If I create a test reminder it shows until I try and sync with my other calendars and then ALL my home calendar entries disappear. How do I recover all these as I have some very important future reminders that I will now have to recreate and maybe lose again?

Maybe it could have hidden the calendar. Check on your Calendar left side if the "eye" is not crossed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 10.01.21 AM.png

RR512
Making moves

Probably your reminders are not lost. You just can't see them. Please compare these threads

https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/thunderbird-102-2-1-tasks-not-showing-in-calendar/m-p/160...
https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/thunderbird-102-x-events-not-shown-in-calendar/td-p/15095

Seems to be a bug in the software Thunderbird 102.x

Try to uninstall Thunderbird and reinstall previous version. You may download previous version from
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/releases/

Use "Profile Manager" to adapt your profile to previous version. If you downgrade from TB 102.x to TB 91.x, use additionally "--allow-downgrade". Details depend on your operating system. 

You also may use your backup, if it is from TB 91.x

Regards
Reinhard

RR512
Making moves

Back to the original topic "Reminder-Window does not close after all reminders have been dismissed or snoozed" the problem is still present in actual version 102.4.0. Tested on 3 different computers.

Regards
Reinhard

Sticking to the original topic "Reminder-Window does not close after all reminders have been dismissed or snoozed" I experienced this issue starting with TB version 102.4.x as far as I remember. This continued through to version 102.4.2. I was excited to see version 102.5.0 this morning but that issue still continues for me. Ubuntu 22.04.

hisashime
Making moves

‎10-16-2022 08:09 PM

102.3.2 have solved the problem. I don't know why. All I did was open calendar>burger menu>Event & Task>Export.I didn't even do any restore(pure just export). I am on MAC OSX 10.13 High Sierra.

marat
Making moves

10.4.2 still find the problem "Reminder-Window does not close after all reminders have been dismissed or snoozed" persists . I am on Windows 10 Home.

Robbee
Making moves

Guys try this

My post at the bottom of the page

Thanks. I tried this without success.
Your issue was related to a .ics calendar. I my scenario it is a "cloud based" CalDAV calendar and this might make the difference why unfortunately it is still not working here (Thunderbird by now on version 102.7.1 on Ubuntu 22.04 fully up to date).