cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The setting of entering the master password every time you open the browser is unreasonable

Djeson
Making moves

It is recommended that Firefox does not directly prompt to enter the master password when opening the browser, and only allows me to enter the master password when I need to use the auto-fill password.

建议火狐在打开浏览器的时候不要直接提示让输入主密码,只在需要使用自动填写密码的时候才让我输入主密码。

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Serg
Employee
Employee

@Djesonthis is probably caused by Sync. Sync starts after a few seconds when browser starts and it needs Primary Password to be able to work. We should think of making that more clear and less annoying. Thank you for sharing!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Serg
Employee
Employee

@Djesonthis is probably caused by Sync. Sync starts after a few seconds when browser starts and it needs Primary Password to be able to work. We should think of making that more clear and less annoying. Thank you for sharing!

Yep it is caused by Sync.  It's very annoying.
Same problem, the auto-login feature for websites.
I would add an option that fully disable automatic prompting for the FF master password. If this option is enabled, then FF should only prompt for the master password, if you have clicked the Sync button OR you click the login/pw to enter a website, at least if password is saved if FF Passwords.

Have you noticed that Firefox repeatedly prompts a Primary Password for every site with a login or certain search URL words (like BANK)? In the past it would only prompt for a Master/Primary Password if you had saved that URL in your system.Now it does it incessantly for many unsaved URLs.

We have Google Tag Manager and other spyware on Firefox pages so I am suggesting Mozilla and its malicious collaborators want to syphon off all passwords you enter so they are in those agencies' databases off site. I'll let you figure what that means for yourselves... .

dufei99
Making moves

是的,这个问题实在是挺烦,希望改进一下。

Nikhil
Making moves

Firefox primary password has a loop hole because when we click on "cancel" or click "x" it does give access to browser...How is that password protected?? (pseudo security feature)