cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 'Restart is required to keep using Firefox' flood No3

NetScaper
Making moves

Hey everyone, time for episode 3!

Losing several active connections and of course breaking up things I was doing, because hey...you can just start again, right?

See you next time, let's see how many episodes (seasons?) we get to until it gets fixed.

Does anyone know whether actual employees of Mozilla go on this forum? Or is this a way for peeps like me to nag and spew (I feel relieved already...that is true).

MacOS Monterey v12.5.1
Mozilla FF 105.0.1

4 REPLIES 4

JimmyNeutron
Making moves

I concur.  This is a hassle I don't need.  Also running on Mac OS.  Yes, I have checked the preference option to "Check for Updates, but let the user decide when to install them".  Just had a forced crash update again!  Since this problem is not being fixed, and since the developers don't seem to monitor this, I will move on.  I don't have time to waste on software that drives my work flow.  I drive my own software and I decide when it needs to restart.  Otherwise, its just a forced crash.  No time for that.  Bye.

JimmyNeutron
Making moves

10/6/22 Status Update:  I applied a recent Firefox update, and the "Check for Updates" option is now functional - I haven't had any more forced restarts.  I'm grateful to be back in control again of when my browser gets updated.  Thank you Firefox/Mozilla team!

NetScaper
Making moves

Which version are you running? I just had another forced restart!

cima
Making moves

This "must restart in the middle of the work/presentation" really make me to give Microsoft Edge a Try. Such random and un-announced work interruption is just unacceptable.