cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop fixxing what is not broken

DPalmer1
Making moves

first restore print from browser since I see multiple saying it will not and I have confirmed I must save to my computer to print, second , stop removing the home button, and if you do remove it make it easy to put back up, not hide and seak instructions, bad bad ,

7 REPLIES 7

Rick425
Making moves

Totally agree, As from this last change - I have given up wasting time trying to fix FF and i am looking at other browsers after many many years.

@Rick425 wrote:

Totally agree, As from this last change - I have given up wasting time trying to fix FF and i am looking at other browsers after many many years.

Which feature change was the straw that broke the camel's back?

Not readily, with lots of lost time on research, being able to  set height of UI interface lines.  I've trusted auto updates for a while on the erroneous assumption that their frequency was for security reasons, not to make changes to justify some programmers' ideas of how we should think and act!

Doing the same, but move... to what?

Tried a bunch, nothing truly satisfactory; either a ton of options I mostly do not want or need with resultant config. Vivaldi, Opera, anything not top-heavy... so back to Firefox for now, but I hate how many version updates it has! It follows no standards that I ever used. I never update until the .01 version comes out. (You know there WILL be bugs in the .00 version.) The current numbering practice makes it appear badly vetted and I just can't trust that kind of (apparent) sloppiness. I do not use Firefox to be their beta tester.

Good luck in your quest, though. (No irony intended.) 🙂

I agree!  No wonder Firefox over the years has dropped in popularity to (sadly) abysmal levels.  I just auto upgraded on laptop to 103.0.1 64 bit and suddenly the user interface takes up about 1/3 of my screen, Windows 10, and CTRL scroll wheel doesn't change anything except what's below the user interface.  On phone for various reasons I use Vivaldi, Brave, Opera, Incognito Browser, Ghostery, Duck Duck Go, and, when I can tolerate the resultant ads, Chrome and Edge.  Hate giving up Firefox, but unless I EASILY with a soon-to-come-hopefully update can back up to previous versions, I will.

jscher2000
Leader

@DPalmer1 wrote:

first restore print from browser since I see multiple saying it will not and I have confirmed I must save to my computer to print,

Usually you only need to save your printout if you choose one of the PDF options in the "Destinations" list, such as "Save to PDF" or "Microsoft Print to PDF".

However, if you are referring to some Google sites, they format the document for printing by serving a PDF. Before Firefox 98, Firefox would show the Download dialog with the Open, Save, and Cancel options. Starting in Firefox 98, Firefox will either open PDFs in a tab or, if the server disguises the nature of the file, save it as a download (without showing the dialog). Is that the problem?

Firefox 101 is going to have an option to switch disguised or unrecognized content types from saving every time back to showing the Download dialog. Here's how it looks in beta now for future reference:

Fx101-settings-applications-other-files-DE.png

second , stop removing the home button, and if you do remove it make it easy to put back up, not hide and seak instructions, bad bad ,

The Home button moved into the Customize panel some time ago. Here's the support article on customizing: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars. It is weird how the buttons in customize seem to be in no particular order. No idea why.

Nicely done on this reply: practical, helpful, and stopped before my eyes glazed over. 🙂