cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so when LEGIT criticism and actual issues are presented, you block and censor. WHAT A SURPRISE!

Spider-Man
Familiar face

in my last post that you have deleted censored or removed, in DOING SO, you basically PROVED MY POINT PERFECTLY!  THANKS DUDES.  Maybe make a browser that actually works lol

No wonder it sucks now though as you block or censor anyone that points something out about it. 

take these pictures below.  what's wrong with those pictures?  they all occurred at the same time. setting unchecked, but downloads still blocked.  why is that?   Why does Mozilla have such a problem with their endlessly buggy browser and try to blame and make excuses when it is constantly having issues?  Now go ahead and delete my post again... Proving my point AGAIN.  lol  sad.  that's sad that a tech company is essentially too sensitive to hear how bad they've become.    strange.  very strange.  Maybe.... Do better?  lol just a suggestion.  yeah.   Screenshot 2023-09-04 235904.png

15 REPLIES 15

Spider-Man
Familiar face

Another example.  today.  Firefox refuses a link saying it's "not secure" again.  lol  had to literally use another 'better browser' just to open it.  brave opened it right up just fine.  Screenshot 2023-09-09 092556.png

The Mozilla browser:

has become a glitchy mess that gets worse with every update now...

joker-imtiredofpretending.4.gif

Hlaktoong
Making moves

Yeah I know what you mean, I just deleted it altogher and use Duck over top of Chrome and all is fine. Just trying to update it got weird, started acying buggy. It a 5 month old $4800 Dell, May 2023 and still it's funky. 

Spider-Man
Familiar face

3 freeze crashes since this morning already.  Whatever Mozilla has decided to do with their video playback mechanisms has completely ruined their browsers.  they are now just about useless for today's internet and I'll now be forced to use another browser simply because they refuse to even acknowledge they have a real problem brewing in their browsers  setups and update systems.  and I have already done the endless refresh, reset, new profile bs they always advise as well.  at one time a long time ago that may have made a slight improvement but now? no.  lol not at all.  sad.. cause it did have some features exclusively that I like but this is now ridiculous levels of fail on their part so... I guess I just have to move on from this browser now. 

Luca_Pavan
Familiar face

Did you check if you were using HTTPS-only mode or DNS over HTTPS? I think I had problems with HTTPS-only mode in the past and since then I never used it again.

oh yes. disabled all of that.  here's another one just now....

opened fine in brave... error ed out again with the terrible firefox.  web "browser" vs so many "security features" and "bugs" that is now unusable by many on much of the web.  not to mention the constant crashes with video playback compatibility problems everywhere. 

Screenshot 2023-09-10 203907.pngScreenshot 2023-09-10 203830.png

Here's another one I just experienced after a now classic firefox freeze up and crash.  it's simply someone's instagram page.  Once again, opens fine in Brave, fails miserably on firefox.  here are the receipts as proof. identical connections.  identical extensions/add-ons for exact comparisons

Screenshot 2023-09-13 125313.pngScreenshot 2023-09-13 125236.png

Spider-Man
Familiar face

edit: youtube issue resolved itself somehow. but it has been an occasional glitchy recurring issue dealing with youtube playlists for some reason using firefox.  one minute it works, next it doesn't.  strange. 

Spider-Man
Familiar face

Big problem I've just started noticing.  Firefox on both macOS and Windows would seem to be constantly now, giving an error message when attempting to import backup bookmark files that were created.  I've imported bookmarks on these specific files before without an issue but now suddenly none of them work anymore.  I've tried on multiple firefox versions and operating systems. tried multiple back files of bookmarks; some of which were used fine before and should still work fine.  but it continues to give the very unhelpful message of "this file does not contain any bookmarks. select a different file"  or something like that.  really dumb.  so backups don't work now apparently as attempting to import MULTIPLE bookmark backup files on multiple versions of firefox on two major Operating systems is resulting in a fail with "this file does not contain any bookmarks. pick another one"   I "picked" about 7 different backup files and they all failed like this on all browsers across two different operating systems and all of these backup bookmark files HAD worked in the past at some point so.... another broken 'feature' from firefox apparently.  not sure how many related bugs have been logged on this issue if any so will have to look.  and the whole "pick another one" with barely an explanation on how it wasn't finding the bookmarks that were obviously there?  lol  laughable. Remember, multiple computers have this same problem so it has got to be the browser itself that is now suddenly unable to import a basic firefox exported bookmarks backup html file as it had done in the past many times easily.  not sure where the breakage is occurring here or why. 

Screenshot 2023-09-23 140720.pngScreenshot 2023-09-23 140847.png

brochard
Making moves

No wonder your posts are getting deleted with such unnecessary aggression.

This is a suggestion forum, you present an idea or problem to fix in a formal way and let people discuss it, it's not a place in which you just spill your hate.

Spider-Man
Familiar face

Here's a suggestion for all the ongoing "profile" and "bookmark" management related issues firefox has had plaguing it for a long time... maybe instead of overhauling the whole browser, a separate tool could be developed to download that can scan and fix profile and bookmark database issues thus preventing the constant breakage that seems to occur here when pushed a little bit.  a new profile works yes, but essentially what is the point in having a profile if you need to reset it every month or so just so the browser works right?! serious question and it's an issue that maybe could benefit from a separate repair program or something that is actually able to repair these breaks without the need to constantly reset / reinstall the entire browser over and over again to keep it functioning correctly.

Spider-Man
Familiar face

interesting. another censored comment. for merely replying to an obvious off-topic antagonist comment above.  but my comment was removed. ok.  for this week. Here is my post of the amazing firefox in action!

So reliable!  every time.  😆

Screenshot 2023-09-29 194704.pngScreenshot 2023-09-29 194649.pngScreenshot 2023-09-27 173109.pngScreenshot 2023-09-26 134425.pngScreenshot 2023-09-26 134407.png

Spider-Man
Familiar face

another few today.  each involving an update alert.  for some reason update alerts (even if you switch it to minimal alerts and not to download the update until told to)  causes the entire browser to freeze up and not come out of it until Windows forces it closed over and over again. 

nearly every freeze up involved an update available alert notification.  how weird is that??!  lol it's not even downloading the update. just a little notification dot that the update is there but that is enough to take out the whole browser with a freeze up.  what a strange browser

Screenshot 2023-10-09 211506.png

Spider-Man
Familiar face

it was a banner day today for crashzilla  lol

perhaps some improvements should be made in the video graphics window display compatibility with Windows 11 and it's latest updates?  don't know. but sharing nonetheless. yes. I have filed bug reports for all of this as others have as well. 

Screenshot 2023-10-18 211157.pngScreenshot 2023-10-18 113301.pngScreenshot 2023-10-18 103500.pngScreenshot 2023-10-18 103453.png

Gin
Making moves

It's likely the bloom filter flagged the file as malicious or it's a hash collision, these things are possible afterall

I heard firefox censors people by shadow banning & removing posts, the whole 'content-moderation' approach sometimes can be a smoke screen. Lunduke spoke on the open source community issues with censorship and virtue signaling

very possible. yes. I think censoring the unpleasant realities of anything is a recipe for disaster.  And after the most recent updates, things actually got worse again. sigh.  how can they fix/improve anything if they are literally in denial of the issues?  lol  it's insane.  I've had it crash 50% more today just from the recent updates. seems they are moving backwards again.  If it continues like this, I'll have no choice but to abandon mozilla and move on to one that actually browses the internet as it should.