Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,148 REPLIES 3,148

Peterpants
Making moves

I have used Firefox for over a decade. If this feature becomes a permanent addition I will be uninstalling Firefox from all my devices and start recommending all my contacts to do the same

Same!

rckroeze
Making moves

Please no. Anything but this. 

cambrianx
Making moves

Please please do not do this. I am so sick of AI invading every aspect of my daily life. AI steals content without consent and uses a crazy amount of resources to produce subpar results. I thought Firefox was better than this. I'm shocked it's even being considered. This would definitely negatively effect my opinions of this product, which is a shame considering the amazing work you do. Please keep AI out of Firefox

Hater2000000000
Making moves

AI is a stupid overhyped feature that is useless & doesn’t work at best and at worst spreads dangerous and potentially harmful information

dont do this. No one wants it. except maybe weird tech bros who don’t understand that chat bots are not a crazy new concept, and the only reason they’re this into it is cause of $$$$$

Every company thinks they need some AI feature to produce as much money as possible and it is clear to consumers that’s what it’s for and nothing else. It adds nothing positive to the experience, just another thing to scroll past.

Please just keep your browser the way it is. We don’t want constant updates, besides for security, we want the thing we signed up for originally. If you add too much stuff then it’s no longer what we started using it for and usually just makes it worse.

When will tech developers realize this? We don’t want perpetual changes. We don’t yall to perpetually add more and more features. We just want the thing we signed up to get. Just make it good the first time and maintenance it when needed. Web 3.0 sucks. We’ll never get the beautiful HTMLscape of the 90’s and early 2000’s back and everyone except advertisers suffer every day for it. Please for the love of God just stop adding unnecessary features. 

I stopped using Google for the AI stuff and I guess I will have to stop using Firefox too cause I don’t support software that’s made with straight up plagiarism. Find me an generational artificial intelligence program that did not scrape and plagiarize peoples work and doesn’t waste electricity, water, and drive up the prices of every piece of hardware it requires to run it and MAYBE, maybe it would be JUST ok at best, cause like at the end of the day code doesn’t know how to “fact check” information and we are already seeing crazy fake stuff all over the web because of it being “quick cash.” Saving 30 seconds reading generated summary instead of the actual results I asked for is simply not worth just not at all being sure if the generation is accurate and having to check the results anyway, and knowing the software was made by dumping tons and tons of pre-existing written works into a database (AKA plagiarism).

everytime an AI feature is added an angel gets hit by a car 

joedonfred
Making moves

DON'T RUIN YOURSELVES LIKE THIS!

Ev
Making moves

No no no nope no thanks no ai

drysneeze
Making moves

who even wants this

Semyas
Making moves

Nope.

DoveLavender
Making moves

Please don't add AI to Firefox... it's been such a relief that it wasn't a "feature", I would be very upset if that changed.

Briar75
Making moves

Absolutely not. If I see AI in my browser I swear to **bleep**ing christ I will go off the deep end 🙂

Kitp
Making moves

Please don't... I hate seeing ai everywhere I don't want it on my default browser too...

brhar98
Making moves

Do NOT.

DustBunny
Making moves

Generative AI is inconsistent, unreliable, and often times outright dangerous with the hallucinated information it parrots out with no way of knowing if it's real. Not to mention it's downright terrible for the environment with how much water it consumes to cool its servers. It's nothing but the current tech corporation buzzword that out of touch executives like hearing and nobody else has any practical use for. It's digital snake oil. Do not implement an AI feature into Firefox. We are so tired of AI already.

DDRitter
Making moves

No to any AI bull**bleep**. We did not learn nothing since Clippy? It's not helpful. Period.

Also thanks for asking. I really hope that you also listen.

Belderchal
Making moves

I was GOING to switch to firefox, my WIFE was going to switch to firefox too!!! If you implement this dog**bleep** AI crap then we're NOT GOING TO

gn4rpz
Making moves

hi! do not put ai in the browser! generative ai is not only inherently predicated on the theft of writing and art from others who are not given the chance to consent, but a 5 second google search will show that the cost of ai is STEEP - and not just financially, they are also massively environmentally taxxing due to the amount of energy and water they need to be kept operating. we need to be limiting usage of these horrible things, NOT PUTTING THEM IN THE BROWSER.

if you really think you need generative ai to make your browser work, then you have failed at your job. firefox has worked just fine without this "feature", and the only reason I can think of that it would be added is to appeal to out-of-touch, self-important, entitled techbros that don't care about the damage these machines are causing.

winsomej
Making moves

We don’t want any AI features at all! Firefox worked beautifully before AI, and it’s deeply frustrating that so many search engines have started shoving it in our faces. I had hoped that Firefox would remain AI-free entirely.

Vo1tur3
Making moves

Not a fan of AI, useless, boring and makes me hate your brand.

sharknng
Making moves

No thank you! I like firefox because it feels like it WON'T jump on these bloatware features made for profit's sake. I'm glad it's optional, but I'd rather not have it at all. If people love AI so much they can go to Edge or Chrome 😕

the-young-nina
Making moves

Please Don't

DBlair44
Making moves

AI is practically everywhere now, it is so annoying to see. It has security, copyright, enviornmental, and energy concerns that need to be addressed before it continues to infect and invade our lives like it has. It's treated as this new fun thing and while it has the potential to be, in its current state, it's incredibly flawed and any company worth their salt would wait until there is ai available that addresses these concerns. Hopping on this trend is only going to spell out a PR disaster for companies, corparations, and most importantly, it would harm it's users. I believe it would be in my best interest to either lock the version of firefox I'm on right now or find a new browser. All I know is I'm going to stop recommending and supporting Firefox due to it's usage of ai. Shame on Firefox, and shame on any parent companies/whatever it has. I hope they change their decision.

ghostboy
Making moves

hi! ive been using firefox for a couple years now and im begging you not to use AI. i use firefox bc it does not do all the bs that google does, and i would love firefox to stay that way. i think many others agree with the sentiment that we in no way want AI features on firefox. 

thank you for always trying to improve our experience, but i promise this is not the move for that.

cecilholly
Making moves

no

rrrrrey
Making moves

Absolutely no AI.

rachaella22
Making moves

Please do not incorporate AI into Firefox. I specifically switched to Firefox to escape the AI features integrated into other platforms, and I know this is the case for a lot of other users as well

aero8
Making moves

No one wants AI.

AliceTheGamer
Making moves

Literally kill yourself if you're gonna add AI to Firefox

plexiglas4570
Making moves

Please don't add any AI to Firefox.

It's unnecessary.

It produces massive amounts of CO2.

It threatens privacy.

It's training is based on using contents without consent.

Please, don't do it. And if you do, do it as a plugin to let users opt-it, but don't impose it on everyone.

I've been using Firefox for more than 10 years, and I'll sure switch to other browser if it gets any AI.

Fantasmita
Making moves

Please, not add AI bull**bleep** to the browser.

APerezPosada
Making moves

The so poorly called AI software such as generative and large language models are killing the planet and increasing the gap between the rich and the working class. There is nothing furthest from Firefox and OSS goals. Don’t add this. Nobody asked. Actually quite the opposite. 

abbyskelajammer
Making moves

Hi, longtime Firefox user here, please please do not do this

NotInterested
Making moves

Mardak, are you an AI engineer? Most of your replies are defensive or disingenuous in a way that implies that you feel threatened by the general ethical concerns, which I could see why you would be if your job at Mozilla is "AI integration in firefox". Are you perhaps too personally involved in this situation to take the feedback you are receiving as data on user concerns and wants?

kinocharlley
Making moves

No. terrible idea

Nrwgn_VKNG
Making moves

Please no. You're the best already and there is no need to ruin a perfect browser.

timmm
Making moves

please no

Finch
Making moves

No thank you! AI goes against everything I like about Firefox. I don't want yet another system spying on me and harvesting my information.

WoopSi3s
Making moves

NO PLEASE DON'T ADD AI PLEASE NO

Kepp
Making moves

I understand that AI is the new trend, but I use Firefox for it's safety, it's approcciability, and the fact I know it has my best interests at heart. AI is a fad, is wasteful, a trend, and people are rightfully sceptical of it. Your user base is made of people who want to have a reliable browsers with no frills and dumb trends, please reconsider