Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,167 REPLIES 3,167

aliceunderstudy
Making moves

Hey, don't put AI in firefox. Tech AI is primarily awful and Firefox is like the one safe place we have from it. We don't want it.

AwesumIndustrys
Making moves

Oh good god no. We need less of this grift, not more of it. 

liamg
Making moves

I am against the use of so called "AI" for environmental and ethical reasons.

The continued inclusion of "AI" in Firefox will cause me to change my browser.

islaelrick
Making moves

NO

yag
Making moves

please don't put AI into firefox!

uhun
Making moves

Please no, AI is actually the worst thing in the world. It's spread so much horrible misinformation and it makes everything SO much more difficult for no reason. Please keep that out of Mozilla or I'll be one of many who has to find another browser to use 😕

Nymlok
Making moves

Not only do I HATE AI in all its forms,  but integrating Ai into Firefox,  the one browser not pulled into the mire of useless AI trash, UNFORGIVABLE.

DON'T DO THIS.  THIS FUNCTION IS CRAP. STOP BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE AND YOU SPEND BILLIONS ON A HOLE IN THE GROUND!

Soreile
Making moves

Don't you dare. I left Chrome over this AI crap and I will leave Firefox too.

Edit:

To expand a bit, this is an incredibly unwise feature to add. Financially speaking, most people who use Firefox over its competitors do so for a reason, yeah? Adding genAI in any form to Firefox is like a health foods shop announcing that it's going to start using GMO corn and soybeans in their products. It is almost antithetical to the desires of the customer-base/userbase and will absolutely lead to users leaving en masse to the next best option.

GP1
Making moves

No. Stop wasting time with useless garbage nobody asked for.

spacevolcanoes
Making moves

I can’t think of anything I want less than AI being used in Firefox. No AI is the whole reason I switched to Firefox in the first place

4ardy
Making moves

ABSOLTUELY NOT????

tampinata
Making moves

horrid idea

Rikuredo
Making moves

I would also like to state my vehement stance against this AI addition. On google and other services it’s been wholly unhelpful, and it would only worsen the browser that’s my current go-to choice. 

please do not add this on to Firefox, it’ll only make a great browser worse to use and ruin the comfort that comes from using one of the few more open source untouched browsers. 

AnnaB
Making moves

I absolutely do not want AI in my browser, even as an option. It's an environmental and a privacy disaster I never, ever want to have anything to do with. Please, keep Firefox out of this nightmare, or I will have a very hard time indeed to keep using and recommanding it instead of a fork of Chrome.

tampinata
Making moves

horrid idea. how is integrating AI inline with firefox's supposed commitment to preserving user privacy?

Skellingtor
Making moves

My feedback is very clear: NO

I hope you take it into account

SquishySimon
Making moves

Hello, I love using Firefox because its basically the best browser out there for security.

I hate generative AI because its theft.

I would like to keep using Firefox without worrying about contributing to the tech bubble spread of generative AI use, which is already being dropped by companies that can't afford the actual cost of running it. Once prices catch up, it's all over.

Don't be like Google and Microsoft and other big tech garbage. Keep being Firefox: a haven against the most invasive influences of the modern internet. Dipping your toes into AI is signaling that your niche as a safer option in the browser market is coming to an end. I do not want to quit using Firefox, but I will if this feature becomes a permanent thing.

boonando
Making moves

No ❤️ please understand that people use firefox to avoid these kinds of things, especially privacy breaches and AI bull**bleep**. You're just going to make people find another alternative that doesn't have AI. There are many browsers out there with these features, and the fact Mozilla doesn't have it is why I, and a lot of other people, use it. There is no way for chat bots to be actually private, and you're shooting yourselves on the foot trying to add this feature.

ogavs
Making moves

My feedback is: No. Thank you. Firefox not having these features (optional or not) is why I use it.

duelistkingdom
Making moves

I literally use Firefox to avoid AI. This would be the easiest way to make me switch again. Don't **bleep**in do this.

jerod23
Making moves

I am sick and tired of A.I. being placed in every freaking thing.  We don't need the Internet of $h!t on our desktops.  Please remove it entirely from the regular version of Firefox and make it an extension for people who actually want this garbage.  Or, at the very least, provide an extension that safely removes it.  Not just disables it, REMOVES IT.

TheVampireAutho
Making moves

Please don't put AI in Firefox, I use Firefox to get away from AI. It is a waste of water and resources. If you do end up putting this unnecessary feature in, at least make it easy to turn off, I despise this simplification and regurgitation of information. Let me search for it. That's what I use a search engine for.

amairylle
Making moves

God, I’m so tired of companies adding ai into services that are perfectly fine as-is. The Ai never works well, is unethical, and overtaxes the environment. I don’t want it! 

ShadowDragon
Making moves

Please don't, there's enough AI in other browsers now, it would be nice to have at least one that doesn't have any so you don't have to worry about opting out of it or locking your browser version. Firefox has been the most reliable browser and I've trusted it since it came out in 2004 and my family's computer started using it (Explorer was a nightmare to use with all the sidebar space being taken up by random things), and even now it's one of the only browsers users can trust to not harvest their data and sell it off to the highest bidder.

amysnotdeadyet
Making moves

please do not add the environment-killing mediocrity machine to firefox

cyaneous227
Making moves

No! i will not use firefox anymore if it includes AI

DDD___
Making moves

Keep AI services away from me with a 50 foot pole, please. If I ever see even the slightest encroachment of that stuff, optional or not, on my sidebar menu, I'll end up on the news.

gendernull
Making moves

Please dont start integrating AI bull**bleep** into firefox. i adore mozilla, im a diehard firefox user on all devices and use mozilla VPN as well becauee of the security features, and because its the last browser to not be complete **bleep**. integrating AI is selling out to the venture capitalists' promise that AI is the Next Big Thing. AI is in a boom thats desperately looking for more and more buy in for a product that isnt doing half of what they swear we "will be using it for in 5-10 years time", while it gets worse and worse, as it has already chewed up and spat out pretty much all the input it could get its hands on legally or otherwise, and has started inbreeding. its not just this selling out though, it's the hypocrisy of letting something built entirely off of discarding the privacy concerns that mozilla claims to care about. this doesnt even touch the environmental concerns. the whole idea's antithetical to what i would expect from mozilla, and similar integrations have made me leave other products. don't go down this path, please

oakiia
Making moves

Pls NO

yukimori
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

oakiia
Making moves

Pls no 😭

BiancaCevenini
Making moves

Please do NOT add AI to firefox

vasquini
Making moves

PLEASE DON'T INCORPORATE AI INTO FIREFOX. It clogs the search function with useless, often incorrect "answers" and unnecessary use of AI is an unneeded strain in the environment.

EShaker
Making moves

I don't want any AI features in my browser whatsoever. Not even as an option; too many features that degrade my current user experience in applications started as "optional".

laluje
Making moves

No thank you, generative AI is such a waste of resources, the water needed to cool it and electricity needed to power it are just not worth it. The current US power grid probably isn’t up to that kind of load. Plus, text generation isn’t much better than predictive text. There are no sources, no thought behind it, and it can’t correctly tell me how many x’s are in “Kenya” or “connective.” At this moment generative AI is just not worth the bother, despite every tech company trying to thrust it in consumer’s faces. If someone really wants links to AI services on their web browser leave it as an extension or bookmark they can add themselves.

BalooUriza
Making moves

Where's the option to disable and remove completely any "AI"  component?  That needs to be the biggest, most prominent feature of any AI component.

imathers
Making moves

IvyStryker
Making moves

I dont want "AI" in my browser. I dont want "AI" in the world. Just make a good normal browser that we can use without some resource eating nonsense trying to guess at what I'm doing. This is not a feature that should exist. 

Marzi
Making moves

No, please don't. Internet right now feels like a trash heap on fire with how much AI makes it worse. Before AI it was just a regular trash heap.

Speaking slightly more seriously, there is more than enough tools that can summarize Wikipedia articles, adding yet another AI chat is not helpful or useful. It's just following a hype for hype's sake.

Skulldog
Making moves

No one wants this, stop trying to slide this energy sucking waste of computer cycles OUT.