Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,171 REPLIES 3,171

steviebea
Making moves

please no….

Juice
Making moves

Please please don't 

I use Firefox because I don't support the integration of AI into every aspect of my life and if Firefox makes this change I will have to reconsider what browser I'll be using.

duckfort
Making moves

Please do not

okaydokie
Making moves

I appreciate the insensitive for wanting to try new features, but ai is not even close to a place where it will be useful. No matter how hard you try to make it as accurate as possible for info, it will always pull from other ai answers and will only provide incorrect information. Which will only push FireFox users away, just like what Google and other corps are doing.

I love FireFox and all it does to provide the best browsing experience for users. Just. Please don't start using ai. No one likes it

j_j_b
Making moves

Please don't.  This is a waste of my browser space (both visual space and memory) to add literally zero value to my web experience. I thought Mozillla was better than just following the hype train down whatever weird hole it leads to.

demtatin
Making moves

To quote Hamlet, act III, scene III, line 92: 

No

nofoxer
Making moves

Absolutley not, throw the trash in the garbage

osier
Making moves

I'm wholly against adding AI to the browser and want nothing to do with it.

hackerbug
Making moves

NO

blackseascar
Making moves

My big creative suggestion is that we leave this kind of work for extensions. I do not want an AI service option enabled by default. I use Firefox because it is the privacy friendly browser, and the modern AI chat products are explicitly created from broad-strokes violations of privacy at every level. There are more open source browsers that are a little less convenient to use which would become much more attractive if they were able to contrast by not forcing AI integration onto their users. 

Please devote these engineering hours to something else. Thank you!

Furrama
Making moves

No thank you. AI generation companies stole from us, from everyone, and we don't want them anywhere in our products/lives.

zestylimeade
Making moves

I don't want any sort of generative or "smart" ai. Everything is trying to integrate it, it does nothing of value, and it's never helpful, it's either ignorable at best or almost always flat out annoying.

you guys can use your resources so much better

ricrlw
Making moves

I started using Firefox to get away from all of the unavoidable AI bull**bleep** from other browsers, if this gets instated even as an optional feature I will switch to something like librewolf

peps20
Making moves

I also strongly disagree with the inclusion of LLMs for everyone, regardless of if we use them or not. I do not want Firefox, which I switched to explicitly because I was tired of the privacy issues with other browsers, to implement a tool that is built on stealing people's data, artwork, writing, etc., and then using it to write repetitive garbage. Regardless of if the tool claims to protect the privacy of the person using it, the use of LLMs is antithetical to privacy, which is supposed to be one of the major tenets of Firefox. I do not want this in my Firefox, I do not want it to have a seamless integration, and I am massively disappointed in Firefox for doing this. Put this in an extension for the people who do want this if you must implement it somehow.

Ceropegiosity
Making moves

Absolutely not. There is no usecase for AI that excuses the electricity footprint. Also, it is poisoning the human experience, even more so than the algorithms that encourage vile behaviour on social media. We need to encourage positive human interaction, not the proliferation of fake human artefacts that take time and effort to separate from real human productions. It does not matter if it is optional or not - please don't do it. Too many people and corporations will be tempted to lose themselves in the rabbitholes of unreal large language models and image generators that are, in no way, intelligent.

webenjoyer
Making moves

DELETE. Generative AI is awful, inhumane technology. It robs us of our reason for living, to struggle through the vines our individual lives have grown on the bed of our unique influences, to find something new (TO US). Ironically, it does this by looking at what we've already said and done. On top of that, anti-humanists make money off of it all. I wholly reject this technology and anyone who purveys it.

Fire every "pro-AI" person you have and then maybe Firefox has a chance.

Don't rob me of my creative serendipity bro.

igorlogius
Making moves

Please consider moveing this "AI module" into an addon to allow users to remove it. Thank you.

AppleJuiceDeer
Making moves

GOD NO PLEASE. A.I is incredibly unsafe and flawed!! I BEG OF YOU!!!

garzaj42
Making moves

Absolutely not.

AI has NO actual use-case. Its only function is to appear correct. Actual useful output happens only by chance, and is indistinguishable from incorrect information.

This addition would only serve to harm the user experience.

seththemuse
Making moves

AI has a long way to go before it's going to be useful, and it's frustrating that it's still harmful to the environment. Also, isn't it trained on basically stolen data? Predictive text isn't really good for a lot of things. I don't really understand why you're trying to do this in general beyond 'AI is a hot topic with certain parties right now and we want to jump on the bandwagon.'

lanterloo
Making moves

Please, PLEASE do not add AI. You're the last bastion of sensibility and I don't want to have to switch browsers. Please!

mysteriousStar
Making moves

Absolutely NOT

azzyAzeph
Making moves

firefox adding ai would be the last straw in my miserable life tbh please dont

Parsnipp
Making moves

Stay as a privacy safe browser. Data is 'secure' until one day it's leaked and then it's not. I don't want to be part of this

Diagoras87
Making moves

Please do not add so called AI to the web browser. It will not be an improvement, it will be a detriment.

Mleem
Making moves

Absolutely NO AI.

Akaihane
Making moves

No, please no!!

Squeakyfrommage
Making moves

Please, please, no. I use Firefox to avoid ill considered "features" no one actually wants. 

Eir13
Making moves

I'd rather not have that feature at all. It's bad enough that the IA is in every other corner of the internet, so I'd at least have a browser where I'm not forced to use IA.

WallRena
Making moves

If experimental, overreaching generative response algorithms masquerading as AI are used in Mozilla, I cannot use this browser in good faith. The privacy I value from this browser would simply be gone.

DoNotUseGenAI
Making moves

Been a big fan of FF for years now. Please don't do this; I'll stop supporting immediately and will encourage others to do the same. 

Begemot
Making moves

I hate it, please remove all AI garbage immediately.

sparksfires
Making moves

The only reason I use Firefox is for privacy and security - why on earth would I want it to implement the AI models that are actively scraping my posts and writings online? I'll switch browsers yet again if anyone has recommendations for ones that are actually free of AI integration.

seconding this. the way AI works now requires an inherent breach of privacy. please god don't add AI features to firefox

gir02
Making moves

please don't. please don't add ai features. we are asking you so nicely

malonkey1
Making moves

If you put AI in my browser then so help me I will go back to Netscape.

Aelfern
Making moves

In my opinion, AI goes against the core values of Firefox, and the reasons I use it as a browser. I value my privacy and security, and AI programs are typically created from unethically harvested data, as well as harvesting your information when you use them. Having an AI program available in the browser would make me uncomfortable, and make Firefox feel less trustworthy.

Aside from privacy concerns, I don't value AI as a useful tool, it is too often incorrect, or produces works that are copies of others creations. If I did want to use AI, I would rather use a separate program, not one that is ingrained in my browser.

LuckyPersona
Making moves

Absolutely not. I use firefox to specifically get away from this bull **bleep**. 

WoofTree
Making moves

Absolutely NO AI please. I've been toting Firefox for the past 20 years as one of the last bastions of good, usable internet, and unfortunately AI in its current model is awful, pointless, and actively harmful to users, the environment, and the internet itself. Since current models only scrape from the internet and put together words, phrases, and/or images without understanding what its actually saying or creating, it can present absolute garbage as pure fact. See "Glue is a good ingredient on pizza."

Everything regarding AI will (hopefully) blow over within the next year similar to the NFT boom. It's all a scam that investors are pressuring their companies into because they don't actually understand what it is. Please don't do this!

aerynvala
Making moves

Please, for the love of Earth, do not use any form of AI. ffs