Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,145 REPLIES 3,145

LizSheIz
Making moves

Please don't. Firefox works to show me web pages and that's really, truly all I want from it!

LizTheGM
Making moves

Not just no but HELL no.  Get that harmful, dangerous, forest-burning, water-guzzling, disinformation-machine crap outta here.

cuppamoon
Making moves

NO

Silentfox
Making moves

Please don't add AI.

sequentialkady
Making moves

Take your climate-raping, planet trashing AI and piss-off out of the solar system deep into the interstellar medium.

vulpes
Making moves

Please rescind

Internet
Making moves

NO AI KILL AI NOW

emmatonkss
Making moves

I hate AI, and I dont want it added to the optional features. This hurts anyone who makes nice stuff for a living, i dont want your drivel

captPickerd
Making moves

I would prefer this not be part of my Firefox experience. I've been a long-time Firefox user because I appreciate user privacy. Everything about AI goes against this and I will look elsewhere if this is the direction that Mozilla want to take this project.   

draconicrose
Making moves

I do not want this, because of all the reasons already mentioned. I don't care that it's opt-in and optional. I am fundamentally against supporting the development of LLMs in any way, shape, or form. I am against Mozilla spending development resources on this fad.

I've already cancelled my monthly donation. If this "feature" reaches stable, I will be switching browsers.

As currently implemented I think it is opt-in as you have to pick an AI vendor in order for the chat tab to work, and at least right now, you have to enable that feature in Firefox Labs.

Drewbahr
Making moves

Just, no. Please, don't do this. Don't burn down a forest for a **bleep**ty chatbot.

kelpkelp
Making moves

NO! HARD NO! DO NOT PUT AI IN YOUR PRODUCT!!! I USE FIREFOX BECAUSE IT'S GOOD, NOT BECAUSE IT CAN SHOVEL STOLEN MUSH DOWN MY THROAT! WHAT KIND OF PRIVACY FOCUSED PRODUCT IS BUILT ON THE THEFT MACHINE? NO AI EVER!!!!!!!!!

Paperbag
Making moves

Hi, Mozilla.

Please do not do this. Please do not make the same mistake that every other big company is doing now. Please consider your userbase and realize that none of us want this.

Thanks.

Rosaeve
Making moves

I am sick and tired of AI being shoved in my face at every step. I don't want it, I'll never want it. I switched to firefox because it was against so many of google's dumb ideas and now you're trying to insert the dumbest one. Don't do this, scrap this now

anto
Making moves

Generative AI is an unethical copyright-violating plague and its use should not be facilitated or encouraged.

pavlovsPigeon
Making moves

Please don't add any AI nonsense.

cerah
Making moves

Please do not add an AI related functionality. Surely there are better ways to use the resources taken up by developing AI integration.

shabnak
Making moves

Please no

chantolove
Making moves

Hi, I heard this is where we could submit thoughts on the AI thing? I really don't want this introduced to Firefox, it's less than useless and will really slow down my browser. There's no real reason to force a silly chatbot into services that don't need it 😞

LakeMichigan
Making moves

Firefox is the one browser that's not overflowing with this garbage please don't ruin it too.

vexallus
Making moves

No.

Do not add some unethical data scraping LLM to firefox. I'm with the others that this contradicts the mozilla manifesto. It's not just about what the company of the model says they'll do with the chat user's data, it's also about how they trained their model in the first place, how invasive that is, not to mention the environmental impact and inflation of the pc parts market things like AI and crypto have done. Just stop. FF is the last mainstream browser that doesn't have AI. If people want to use it on FF, there are extensions and search engines they can use. Jfc.

Eden
Making moves

Quite simply, if Firefox pushes AI into the browser, ESPECIALLY if it's opt-out rather than opt-in, I will be using a different browser and will not come back to Firefox. Period.

DRMT
Making moves

Another strong NO

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Firefox, how about instead, you commit to having no AI integration at all and advertise yourselves as the non-AI browser alternative for all the people trying to avoid this stuff. If people want AI, they'll find an extension for that, you don't need to be building it into your product, optional or otherwise.

TZ
Making moves

Go away with the AI bs. If I wanted stupid chat bots I'd use chrome.

hyperdragon97
Making moves

Please don't add AI to Firefox. Have we learned nothing from the absolute nightmare of outright lethal misinformation that is ChatGPT?

Tombfyre
Making moves

To keep it simple, I want no "AI" nonsense in this browser.

I also want no tracking, no advertisements, no anything that messes with my privacy just so yet another megacorp can monitor everything we do and make money off the information.

mazzzo
Making moves

AI is useless, it uses up precious resources we don't have. I will absolutely dump firefox if you do this.

afbourque
Making moves

GOOGLE put AI in everything and it ruined their once useful Thing They Did, now you guys want to COMPETE WITH GOOGLE by DOING WHAT GOOGLE DID????

Stop it. There are some useful applications for AI. Popping it on the search bar ain't it. Having it scour the internet (often illegally) for incorrect things to tell you SUCKS. Stop it.

Do I have to treat you like a cat? Do i have to get the internet equivalent of a spray bottle on you until ya'll behave? Or do we have to do something more drastic?

pjasa-pratt
Making moves

Short answer: no.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Llammissar
Making moves

Sincerely, who is this for?

All these frivolous chatbot things can be accessed from a browser tab.  Firefox has been a tabbed browser since its inception.  Since before then, if we're being honest, even back when it was called Mozilla and had the fun dinosaur logo.

Consequently, this is a misfeature, if not missing the point entirely.  An arbitrary split pane that lets one pin a website while still browsing regularly would be a MUCH more valuable use of your engineering time than just a limited version that gives easy access to a source of lies.

Or if you really want to improve things, bring back spatial tab groups a la Panorama (you know, that amazing feature that you never advertised, booted to an XUL extension, and then killed by moving to WebExtensions-only).  You could even advertise it as a new feature and only about a dozen people like me would even realise you were lying.

You know, unlike this thing where everyone can tell you're trying to feed us breathelss marketing wank.

lewafflelord
Making moves

Leave AI out of my browser!! The lack of this sort of bull**bleep** being forced upon me is why I made a full-time switch to Firefox in the first place!!

vampirelich
Making moves

Please do not implement AI at all! Thanks!

jjsanguine
Making moves

AI would make using Firefox more cumbersome for no benefit. The only people who want this are shareholders who jump on the newest shiny buzzword. Crypto currency, NFTs, metaverse, now AI. All things companies integrated poorly into software that already worked intending to figure out a use case later, then slowly let degrade when noone used them, after diverting funds and time and energy that could have been used on software maintainance.

Vady
Making moves

If you force AI on me I will move to a different browser.

Celuria
Making moves

No and no.
Non-analytical AI has proven time and time again to be a gross waste of energy and water in exchange for providing mediocre results, and in itself is just a result of mass non-consensual webcrawling and theft of writers, random posts, and millions of people who contributed to the modern internet on the premise of helping other human beings- not just feeding a misunderstood text generator that happens to look smarter than it actually is.

No, no, and again, no- please put your time and effort into something else.

wutongtaiwan
Familiar face

In my opinion, as long as this feature is turned off by default, there is not much harm to privacy. What really needs to be objected to is privacy-preserving attribution, which is enabled by default. Firefox's share has been declining due to the fact that there are so many missing features compared to Chrome that need popular features, such as vertical tabs, have not been developed before. Firefox also developed AI to follow the trend, and if Firefox didn't keep up with the trend, its market share might decline further. You don't have to be overly afraid of a feature that is turned off by default. In my country, this AI function is completely useless, because the AI chatbots used are all foreign, and all of them are blocked by the firewall, which means something, it means that I have one more function that I can't use at all, wasting my memory space in vain, but I still have no objection. I would still recommend that you go against privacy-preserving attribution

andy33
Making moves

ew no! no ai

its bad enough that duckduckgo keeps turning its ai settings back on without my permission! dont hardbake ai into the browser! its not making money btw!