cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-mode in Windows 11

D_G_
Making moves

I just got a new laptop with Windows 11 and tried to download Firefox, but it wouldn't let me. I went round in several circles and finally connected with Microsoft Help. The technical guy got me to install an app whose only purpose was to switch Windows out of S-mode so that it would allow non- Microsoft apps to be installed. Isn't this stuff supposed to be illegal, Microsoft taking advantage of its dominant position to shut out other software? Anyway I just wanted to report this and hope this will be useful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply. For some reason, when I searched the app store for Firefox, it didn't come up. Now, when I've resolved the problem by switching out of S-mode, it does.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Mozilla created a version of Firefox that can be installed from the Microsoft app store. I thought that might work with S-mode, but I guess not?

Thanks for your reply. For some reason, when I searched the app store for Firefox, it didn't come up. Now, when I've resolved the problem by switching out of S-mode, it does.

panayiotis
Making moves

Hi I have the same problem but I definitely dont want to remove S Mode because for my i3 laptop is waaay to faster than normal windows.

Is there a roadmap that Firefox will  get support for S Mode. Searching for Web Browsers in Store I found alternatives to Edge, But not firefox among them.