cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-clicking a link in Youtube opens multiple random links

frankieD
Making moves

Recently after the latest update (on a PC with Win10), only on Youtube, clicking a link (another video for exmaple) opens random videos, instead of the normal context-menu (where I could chose to open in a new tab, or copy the link, etc).

Even clicking on empty spaces in Youtube acts weird, like scrolling down.. Right-cliking on the Youtube logo opens a new tab with Youtube, etc.

I do hove some add-ons/extensions, but they are not new. only the Firefox update is new, and has made these weird behaviors appear. Or its Youtube's fault, but on a forum people told me they don't have this problem, and in my computer Chrome or other browsers don't have this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

I'm not sure what is happening on your Firefox. It's possible that between Firefox changes and YouTube changes, that one of your add-ons is creating more problems than it solves, but if the author is aware of the problem, they usually will get a fix out within a week.

Meanwhile, can you call up the regular right-click context menu if you hold the Shift key while right-clicking? That should ignore the page's instructions to substitute its own menu.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

I'm not sure what is happening on your Firefox. It's possible that between Firefox changes and YouTube changes, that one of your add-ons is creating more problems than it solves, but if the author is aware of the problem, they usually will get a fix out within a week.

Meanwhile, can you call up the regular right-click context menu if you hold the Shift key while right-clicking? That should ignore the page's instructions to substitute its own menu.

Yes, if I hold Shift the normal context menu appears. I figured out at least that its because of an extension: Snap Links. I disabled it and it works now. But the extension itself wasn't updated (Last Updated November 25, 2023), only Firefox was updated ~ this month and only then the problem appeared. It could be a coincidence and Youtube is the problem though.. So I can't really blame Firefox, its only that i've been noticed when it was updated (while Youtube lately is being updated "negatively" with all sorts of problems). Snap Links itself works perfectly (just messes with the Youtube page on Firefox lately).

fbizaoui
Making moves

I've the same problem. Solved it by going back to Firefox ver 125.