cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aleksey

Hi. When in search bar I type “r” I see “reddit.com” link as prediction. When i type something else, i see other website. Why should i see these websites which i never use? Why should i hear every day names of a people which I do not know! I just want to have empty search bar all the time. I want to type whole website address without having and jumps, pops-up, predictions, offering. Just do not annoy me with whatever I do not control. Please. It is so annoying and you learn to pay no attention on what distracts you so it means you learn to be less aware.

With managing setting in desktop Firefox I made completely empty search bar - thank you for that (because in Safari and Chrome it not worked and it keeps annoying me, so I am switching to Firefox) and the same I ask you for mobile app. Please. Some users do not want any “help” from the algorithms. I am not lazy and I can type the whole web address on my own without seeing suggestions where i want to go (which in most cases wrong and distracting).

I hope you understand me.

What you think about that?

5 Comments
Status changed to: New idea
Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for submitting an idea to the Mozilla Connect community! Your idea is now open to votes (aka kudos) and comments.

(Moved over from the Discussions board)

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Makes sense, @Aleksey - you want a completely empty search bar when entering a search. In the settings, you should be able to turn off all suggestions except for Firefox-Suggest. There's a similar request we're tracking here on Connect to be able to also turn off those: The ability to turn off Firefox Suggestions in the iPhone app and delete associated data 

If this aligns with your request, we can merge the two threads together to keep the conversation focused in one space.

Aleksey

Hello, thank you for the answer, Jon.

Not sure, that they are similar topics. The guy get some old links in his website/search bar and complain about that. What I suggest - to make a search bar completely empty. I do not need 99,9% of useless suggestions for me, because every time I know exactly where I go and use my hands to type the address. If I need quick access I use bookmarks. So why do I need to see those any blinking information that: 1. Distract. 2. Fulfill my conscious with unwelcome info pieces.

It works on desktop version so I believe that it would be fair to have the same option and on mobile version.

Some people just want to control their space. They dont need any help, advises, services or suggestions that come like info avalanche everyday without even asking. Such things kills us inside as well, I believe.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @Aleksey for clarifying - this is very helpful feedback. 

Aleksey

Thank you for the attention.

Really. When I recently found out that only in Firefox (tried all browsers) possible to make website bar always empty - my experience of using internet became so-so much better. I was even a little bit happy to stop seeing those endlessly blinking links in front of my eyes! Some people need it, of course, but ability to turn it off - sounds like liberal thing.

my best regards!