cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconsidering Disappearing Scrollbars for Improved Usability

edgarsi
Making moves

I would like to express my concerns about the disappearing scrollbars implemented in Firefox, which I believe have a negative impact on the user experience. While I understand that design choices are subjective, I feel that the disappearing scrollbars might not be the most user-friendly option for many.

Here are my main concerns and suggestions:

1. Accessibility: Disappearing scrollbars can make it challenging for some users, especially those with motor or vision impairments, to navigate web pages efficiently. A more accessible design would ensure that all users can comfortably use the browser.

2. Usability: Many users are accustomed to having a visible scrollbar to help them gauge their position on a page. The disappearing scrollbar can be disorienting and hinder the user experience. A more familiar design with a consistently visible scrollbar can improve usability.

3. User Preferences: It's essential to provide users with options to customize their browsing experience. Firefox could include a setting that allows users to choose between disappearing and always-visible scrollbars according to their preferences.

I kindly request the Firefox developers to consider the above points and evaluate the possibility of reintroducing the traditional, always-visible scrollbars or at least offering an option to choose between the two designs. I believe that doing so would greatly enhance the overall user experience and cater to the diverse needs of Firefox's user base.

Thank you for your attention, and I look forward to seeing improvements in future updates.

1 REPLY 1

edgarsi
Making moves

To be clear, the most preferred - always visible scrollbars - should be the default.