cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check for updates but let you choose to install them" still installs updates in background

nhporter
Making moves

I am on a 2021 Macbook Pro using MacOS 12.3.1

When I initially installed FireFox, I set autoupdates in settings to "Check for updates but let you choose to install them"

That option has never worked in almost a year of use. I often keep the browser open, with multiple tabs. Firefox will notify me when an update is ready, which I usually dismiss, since the browser is currently in use. At some point later, pages will suddenly stop loading, as if there is no internet connection. Instead, a screen comes up which says that Firefox has updated in the background, and must be restarted to continue using. This completely disrupts whatever work I had been doing, and the only saving grace is that FF can restore a previous session.

Why doesn't this option actually work, and what can I do to absolutely prevent firefox from doing this in the future?

2 REPLIES 2

gw1110
Making moves

Looks like No one is here to answer Our Questions and Concerns...!!! Maybee it is time to find an Alternative...!!

Wilben
Making moves

Agree. Restore the previous session doesn't work anymore. They don't respond and don't seem to care.