cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please bring back centering of pdf when printing

El_Dougo
Making moves

The pdf  page is left aligned in print preview now.  Can you return it to center aligned, or have an option on the print page or about:config to change it?   Were people complaining about it being center aligned?  I'm on Firefox 114.0b7 (64 bit).  Now I download the pdf, and use  Foxit PDF reader , which auto centers it, to print.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The scaling seems very different in your example. If you expand the More Settings section, are they both set to the most logical paper size?

I also notice your Portrait/Landscape selector is missing in your second screenshot. In case the two problems are related, you can try this setting change:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. But just for the record, I've made this change myself.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste layout.css.page-size.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false

View solution in original post

El_Dougo
Making moves

Thank you jscher2000.  Worked for me too!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

marco
Employee
Employee

Could you share a specific PDF where this is happening? A screenshot would also help.

hi, i reply extra just in case, we got the same issue, i addes screenshots, as u can see in my text an screenshot below

zillafiremo
Making moves

Hello, we got the same issue, the 114 version will left allign our DHL Shipment Labels (PDFs)

The 113 Version centered it perfectly, as u can see in this screenshot: firefox 114 vs 113 pdf centerfirefox 114 vs 113 pdf center

greetings 🙂

The scaling seems very different in your example. If you expand the More Settings section, are they both set to the most logical paper size?

I also notice your Portrait/Landscape selector is missing in your second screenshot. In case the two problems are related, you can try this setting change:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future. But just for the record, I've made this change myself.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste layout.css.page-size.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false

Gosh darn! This actually worked for me, huge thanks. I've been looking for hours for this fix, I couldn't find the right words to explain the issue and stumbled on this answer. Any idea why this would be set to true? I don't really go into the about:config so I doubt I would've manually changed this. Anyways thanks again, you've saved a lot of stress.

mistel63
Making moves

Not solved!
Changing layout.css.page-size.enabled does not work for us. (FF 114.0.1)

Please bring centering back. Or better implement an auto Center Option like Foxit does.

As a workaround we currently changed to Edge which still centers the output.

El_Dougo
Making moves

Thank you jscher2000.  Worked for me too!