cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oct 2024 - Bookmarks now super-flawed - no way to bookmark to a specific folder (except edit)

Dr_Mike
Making moves

(I'm really feeling like it is impossible to report a bug)

131.0 (64-bit) - Mac
I have many open tabs (always). 
As of the latest update, when I bookmark any tab I want to save, it automatically assigns the bookmark to whatever bookmark was last made. So if it's a different topic/folder I want to save to, I need to open the bookmark, then "edit", THEN save to the proper bookmark destination. No longer is there an option to just bookmark to - one click.

Example:  If I bookmark "music", "work", and "sports", say...
I visit a page and bookmark it "music".
Next I go to a work-related page, and bookmark it. It goes to the "music" folder without asking.
To put it in the correct folder I need to EDIT the bookmark and save to "work". 3 steps now!
If I then go to a sports page, and want to bookmark it to sports. Click Bookmark Current Page, and it saves in "work".

Lastly, I just replicated in real-time while typing this, tried to bookmark THIS page.
I clicked "Bookmark" - clicked option "Bookmark this Page", and the window closed. It was bookmarked to the
the last place I'd bookmarked, no option as to where to save/bookmark. Now (realtime) when I click on Bookmarks I no longer have an option except to manage bookmarks or "Edit this Bookmark". If I click that it shows where it had saved the initial bookmark: the same place I saved something entirely unrelated.

Epic fail. May force me back to Chrome and its beautiful tab grouping.
For me the most basic thing a browser should do is easy use of tabs and bookmarks. This version broke my ability to add bookmarks where I want to add them.

1 REPLY 1

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

I'm on the same version of Firefox as you are, albeit on Linux, and can save Bookmarks where I like.

Screenshot at 2024-10-08 05-58-36.png