cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update and how it affects the shortcuts page.

gunzen
Making moves

I've set my shortcuts page as my default homepage. The page contains 32 squares containing links to my favorite websites. Because the number of squares are constant, I can arrange and separate links anyway I want; never mind that some boxes are blank, the number 32 remains constant.

The new update, I'm guessing, is to make the page look cooler, has effectively removed whatever control I have over how many boxes I want present on the screen. For the sake of looking cooler, by automatically killing link boxes with no content, my control over the shortcuts page was shot to pieces.

I've been using firefox as my browser of choice for more than 2 decades now. I think everyone would choose a functional browser over one that looks cool. That's why we use firefox. Functionality. Excellent user interface to allow more control of the browser. But with you developers murdering my shortcut interface, lemme tell you, cool is not good.

Functionality before coolness.

6 REPLIES 6

Omega13
Making moves

I for one HATE the new shortcut layout so much it is like they are from the NCLB act of kids from schools idea's they are using!~

Those kids will RUIN the world as they were passed on to the next grade even if they failed!~

An if you think it is to look cooler, ya so sadly wrong, you need to think about the actions that might effect others who use the browser, especially people who have been using it since almost launch!~

I had mine spaced out so I could have different area's an now they are all jumbled as 1 mesh of shortcuts!~
     I think who ever pushed this idea who ever it is should be written up, not allowed to code for a good while an also made to revert the code back to the way it was, as you cannot even get the 4th row to show up anymore!~

Omega13
Making moves

I will put it in terms even the simplest minds can understand!~

Before doing what was done to the shortcut page, a option of which one we liked should of come up 1st before this was ever pushed, because YOU PISSED / ANNOYED alot of FireFox users off by doing this!~
  We had them sorted like a FILE CABINET and you done acted like a 1 yr old an got into the File Cabinets and messed up all the paperwork, so ya wanna act like a 1 yr old with a temper tantrum, or like a adult an revert it back to the way it was?????????????????????????????????????????????

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8b8b4a796ddcbb173ee86f7871cc8fed/tenor.gif?itemid=12125132

jlspake
Making moves

Can the latest update be removed?  I like organization and now I have no control over my layout, it is just a jumbled mess, FIX IT FIREFOX DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omega13
Making moves

Did you all see what they did, they added 1 single shortcut blank, NOT WHAT WE WANT!!!!!~~~

WE WANT IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE THIS JOKE WAS IMPLEMENTED AN MADE THINGS ALL SCREWED UP LIKE THE US ECONOMY IS!!!~~~

ashaaine
Making moves

Prioritize functionality over aesthetics. Users value control over appearance. Firefox's strength lies in its functionality and user interface customization. Preserving user control ensures a superior browsing experience.

Omega13
Making moves

Aesthetics affect functionality as well, as we people who use the browser used the functionality of the aesthetics of the spaces to help us organize the shortcuts into groups, so wanna restate that?