cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not like that when i started firefox, i got an ad.

buffalo
Making moves

Why am I seeing this adorable red panda?

I dont know, but i do know that i do not wants ads shoved in my face. Please dont let this become a thing. ill have to find yet another browser to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Christian75
Making moves

In the options for the home page (or new tabs if they use this page), I just saw that there is a "Sponsored shortcuts" option, unchecked in my case.
That's probably it.
You can reach it directly via the little gear at the top right of this page, under "Shortcuts".

--
Firefox 99.0 (64 bits) under Linux Mint 20.3 - Mate 1.26.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

lmcdo
Making moves

The worst part is that there's no option to donate, link it to a Firefox account, and avoid the ads. I want to pay for this product! Let me pay for this product! No, not the VPN, not for Lockwise (which finally got fixed), and not for whatever other service Mozilla's 3bn CEO rubber stamps next.

Christian75
Making moves

The red panda (firefox) is not an ad but the Firefox logo, obviously.
If you replace Firefox with commercial software, it's sure to be better for the ads (absent from Firefox) 🙄

Where have you seen it, bulky enough to be "shoved in your face"?
Rather than reacting in an extreme way for so little, if it's on the home page or new tabs, you can change that (free of charges 😉) in the preferences.

For my part I do not have a red panda on the homepage or new tabs, with the default homepage.
Probably because in I removed the content option "Web search", which is useless if you search from the address bar. This free up space for other sections.

On the other hand I find this logo quite beautiful, although I prefer older less stylized versions 😎

--

No idea what you're on about, but I absolutely got a full sized ad whenever I opened up Mozilla Firefox a few days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/t9ifuw/firefox_is_incorporating_ads_now_and_ads_fo...

In regards to the fact that it's free service, the first reply completely sums up how I feel. IMCDO summarized my feelings very adequately.

Christian75
Making moves

In the options for the home page (or new tabs if they use this page), I just saw that there is a "Sponsored shortcuts" option, unchecked in my case.
That's probably it.
You can reach it directly via the little gear at the top right of this page, under "Shortcuts".

--

Thank you