cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable zoom buttons for office 365 documents

ScottK4122
Making moves

In chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Edge, & Brave) there are two buttons at the bottom-right corner of the browser window for zooming in and out of Excel spreadsheets.  In Firefox and Waterfox, these buttons do not appear.  How do I enable these buttons or at the very least, how do I zoom in on these spreadsheets so I can focus on a single cell more efficiently?

As a workaround, I can CTRL + Scroll to zoom in and out, and I guess for now that will have to work.  On a laptop without a mouse, the workaround doesn't seem to work very well.  With a mouse though, it works well.

2 REPLIES 2

CR6450
Making moves

Zoom should also be on the ribbon, but firefox doesn't display it.
It seems that the funcionality itself is not available.
MSEdge is ok though.

jscher2000
Leader

@ScottK4122 wrote:

In chromium-based browsers (Chrome, Edge, & Brave) there are two buttons at the bottom-right corner of the browser window for zooming in and out of Excel spreadsheets.  In Firefox and Waterfox, these buttons do not appear.  How do I enable these buttons or at the very least, how do I zoom in on these spreadsheets so I can focus on a single cell more efficiently?

I assume that Microsoft uses some trick for that which doesn't work in Firefox, but that's just a guess. Maybe it's the CSS zoom property that Mozilla never implemented because it was nonstandard (MDN).

As a workaround, I can CTRL + Scroll to zoom in and out, and I guess for now that will have to work.  On a laptop without a mouse, the workaround doesn't seem to work very well.  With a mouse though, it works well.

If you hold the Ctrl key and tap the + key or - key, that is very similar to mouse scroll wheel scrolling, but there might be a bigger difference between the zoom levels.