cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again! New version another memory eater!!!

amznrandy
Making moves

I love Firefox and been around since Netscape.  Was just upgraded to 111.0.1 and memory is being totally eaten again.  I know this happens and the good people at Firefox say  "It ain't so." but after a couple of revisions it gets taken care of.  I will hang in there but don't be saying Edge and Google Chrome are slower because I know better, at least on my computer.  Just try to get it sorted out quick.  Please!!!

3 REPLIES 3

StevenCee
Making moves

Same here!  I still hope against hope that maybe this next update will work out some of the bugs & it's voracious appetite for RAM/CPU usage! But not this one, as I can barely type now, having to wait for the letters to show up on the screen!
I sure wish all the bright programmers working on FF, would concentrate first on making FF just work, being able to do the basics, without using up so much of our resources, before dreaming up new "great features"...  How about working on reducing it's memory hunger, first?

amznrandy
Making moves

Here is why it is slow and why it is slower than Edge.  There should be two screen shots attached.  Both taken after a shutdown and restart, both with one tab open at Outlook Calendar which I have load automatically.  Neither one had any other site run before I did this screen shot.  They are both as much the same as I can make them.  No, I don't have a whole lot of memory.  I'm 78 years old and don't do anything except read the news and watch You Tube.  I do use to pay bills and such but that shouldn't use much memory.  No 3D or Games or anything I know of that eats memory.  Thanks Firefox for all you do!  Please make is faster!!!  COULD ONLY ATTACH EDGE.  FIREFOX WILL BE ATTACHED IN NEXT REPLY.

amznrandy
Making moves

This is the Firefox screen shot showing the amount of memory used.  About 5 times as much as Edge.