cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcing automatic update

Wolffman
Making moves

What is wrong with you people?

I depend on being able to maintain a stable environment for development for clients.  Your forcing of automatic update just trashed that.

When you get your head out of your backside, you let me know, and I will re-install firefox!

5 REPLIES 5

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Wolffman

You should be able to change your update settings in Firefox Settings. There is more info here in this article from our Support site: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-release

"Note: Update settings can be changed in Firefox Settings.

In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences.

In the General panel, go to the Firefox Updates section."

Hope this helps! If not, let us know.

-Jon, Community Manager

That doesn't work and you know it doesn't.   The only options are to update now, or choose to update later. I'm sick and tired of the constant nagging to update.  Please restore option to not update; not even to download update and install later.  Users should be able to make the decision to not update.

jscher2000
Leader

@Wolffman wrote:

I depend on being able to maintain a stable environment for development for clients.  Your forcing of automatic update just trashed that.

What changed going from Firefox 98 to Firefox 99 that affected your work? Or in your bigger version leap, if applicable.

It seems that if you are doing development work for clients, you need to target the versions of Firefox that your clients will be running, which normally will be updated regular or ESR versions. No?

NO

SkyRunner
Making moves

I also filed a similar idea with more info,

"Automatic updates" all the time is disabled in my Firefox,

BTW forcefully it do the updates and we need to do everything from the beginning!