cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced updates need to stop.

shin0bi272
Making moves

My previous post when FF128.0 released was about how the search toolbar no longer let you just hit enter to go to your preferred search homepage.  Well I have been dismissing the pop ups on one of my computers since that day to stop it from updating to whatever hot new garbage youve rolled out that still hasnt fixed the search bar.  But tonight I loaded up firefox and up its been forced to update.  This is why only 7% of the pc users use firefox still.  You have got to stop forcing your will onto your users.  You are not supposed to be a petty dictatorial bunch... but hey Google no longer uses the motto "dont be evil" so I guess companies change... always for the worse as well.  Think I might start using Microsoft Edge because of this. 

1 REPLY 1

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

I agree.  What should happen is some sort of box pop up saying a new version is available and asking if you want to install it.  If you say No that should be it until the next new version appears.

Mozilla has the slogan "Make Firefox your own" so should live up to it in terms of what version people use and when updating respect users' existing settings.

Sadly forced updates seem pretty universal in browsers and at least Firefox is customisable enough to often be able to mitigate "improvements."