cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox doesn't remember closed tabs if incognito window is open

DuckSleazzy
Making moves

I have a few tabs pinned, and sometimes I keep random tabs open so that I can come back later and resume whatever I was doing. I have a habit of closing the browser and shutting down my PC if I know I won't need it for 30+ mins.

If I have an incognito tab opened, and I close the main window, I lose all the pinned tabs and the random open tabs. Yes I do have it all in my history but I enabled "Open previous windows and tabs" for my convenience. I switched from Brave to Firefox and the former did not have this behaviour. I just want all my tabs to stay there regardless of what order I close my windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

For best results, close out of Firefox using the menu, either:

• menu button > Exit
  • (optional menu bar) File > Exit

With that command, all of the open "regular" windows will be treated as open windows for the purposes of restoring your previous session.

But otherwise, you can check the History menu, either:

• menu button > History > Recently Closed Windows
  • (optional menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows

Can you find any important closed windows there?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

For best results, close out of Firefox using the menu, either:

• menu button > Exit
  • (optional menu bar) File > Exit

With that command, all of the open "regular" windows will be treated as open windows for the purposes of restoring your previous session.

But otherwise, you can check the History menu, either:

• menu button > History > Recently Closed Windows
  • (optional menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows

Can you find any important closed windows there?

Yeah, menu then exit works. It asked "close 2 windows?" instead of n tabs. It also closed the incognito window.

Recently closed windows does show my setup, and the pinned tabs are there too. But I don't think that'd be an issue any more because menu > exit has a shortcut which is way faster for me now.

Thanks! I still wish the X button did the same thing.