cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firefox and website administration

optophon
Making moves

when editing web pages in the browser, firefox or the extension writes rubbish into the html code without being asked. that's not good. it's **bleep**ty!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should tell the add-on author about the problem.

(I had this problem with a user script I posted years ago that adds a dialog into Google search pages. I didn't realize it also embedded the code into documents or blog posts people were creating on Google platforms. After being alerted to the problem, I was able to fix it.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

To determine which extension inserted the background image, you can look up part of that url() on the about:debugging page. Here's how:

• Type or paste about:debugging in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it
  • In the left column, click This Firefox
  • Call up Find in page (Ctrl+F, or on Mac, Command+F) and look for db7276

Firefox should show a match in an Internal UUID for the add-on which inserted the background image.

danke für ihre antowrt. welches add-on meine html-codes manipuliert weiß ich, steht in dem beigefügten screenshot. solche manipulativen add-on's haben auf der plattform mozilla nichts verloren. ich mußte bei rund 100 artikeln den code-müll per hand entfernen.

You should tell the add-on author about the problem.

(I had this problem with a user script I posted years ago that adds a dialog into Google search pages. I didn't realize it also embedded the code into documents or blog posts people were creating on Google platforms. After being alerted to the problem, I was able to fix it.)