cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 115.0.2 - 'Bookmarks Toolbar' issue - (maintaining visibility during online session)

Artemas-1
Making moves

I don't think this is a 'bug', therefore...       IS Anyone else experiencing this issue with the newest (115.0.2) version of Firefox for Windows..?

When I open my browser, I can readily see (visible) the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' as usual, below the URL box.       However -- once I'm connected to (any) website, the bookmarks toolbar 'disappears' (becomes no longer visible).  

When I open a new 'tab' the Bookmarks Toolbar becomes visible for that tab, and only until that tab is connected to a website.   Once that 'new' tab is again connected to a website, the bookmarks toolbar disappears once again. 

While surfing the Web, I have become accustomed to utilizing the Bookmarks Toolbar to allow me to simply 'click' on any of the saved links WHILE CONNECTED to any given website.  I am sure I'm not the only one. 

I can still access my bookmarks at this point by clicking on 'Bookmarks' in the Menu Bar (or by typing 'Alt-B' on keyboard), but that still requires an extra step that wasn't required in previous versions.

Anyone else out there experiencing a little frustration with this (minor) change to the features of the latest version of Firefox for Windows 115.0.2  ...? 

-Artemas

3 REPLIES 3

mandellino
Making moves

I cant see my bookmark bar at all, in settings it shows it is always visible but there is nothing there. I can access my bookmarks in the dropdown but im used to being able to just click into them from multiple tabbed windows.

@mandellino wrote:

I cant see my bookmark bar at all, in settings it shows it is always visible but there is nothing there. I can access my bookmarks in the dropdown but im used to being able to just click into them from multiple tabbed windows.

The bar below the main toolbar is blank?

One possible reason is that the "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" was removed from the bar or moved to another toolbar. You can use the Customize mode to look for it and drag it back (https://support.mozilla.org/kb/customize-firefox-controls-buttons-and-toolbars). If it's not visible anywhere, use the "Restore Defaults" button at the bottom of the Customize panel to reset the toolbar layout.

Scenario #1 -- it's not on any toolbar:

Fx112-customize-bookmarks-toolbar-items.png

Scenario #2 -- it's on another bar:

Fx115-customize-bookmarks-toolbar-items-move.png

For further assistance, I suggest posting on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

jscher2000
Leader

@Artemas-1 wrote:

When I open my browser, I can readily see (visible) the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' as usual, below the URL box.       However -- once I'm connected to (any) website, the bookmarks toolbar 'disappears' (becomes no longer visible).  

When I open a new 'tab' the Bookmarks Toolbar becomes visible for that tab, and only until that tab is connected to a website.   Once that 'new' tab is again connected to a website, the bookmarks toolbar disappears once again. 

Sorry, not sure how your setting changed, but you can switch the bar back to Always Show. Check out: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/bookmarks-toolbar-display-favorite-websites