cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feedback from an avid user

hidig
Making moves

1) the delete tabs is too complicated and meh! Who EVER knows in what order the tabs are? Why worry about left and right? Politics? Twix wars? It just adds an ectra nested menu for...I don't know.

2) Why does full screen get out of full screen without my say so? Just because my mouse moved up too fast and happened to touch the top part screen doesn't mean "Help! get me out of full screen!"

Think about it...

3 REPLIES 3

hidig
Making moves

3) Why the extra space on both sides of the addresse bar by default?

4) Why can't I place the +- new tab on the right side of tabs, not right-sided or on the left side of the tabs?

@hidig wrote:

3) Why the extra space on both sides of the addresse bar by default?

To make it more centered? I have no idea.

4) Why can't I place the +- new tab on the right side of tabs, not right-sided or on the left side of the tabs?

The tabs are one big unit; you can't place anything between tabs. If you would like to have a button between tabs for some reason, you could submit a new idea (at the top of the screen, find the Ideas link).

jscher2000
Leader

@hidig wrote:

1) the delete tabs is too complicated and meh! Who EVER knows in what order the tabs are? Why worry about left and right? Politics? Twix wars? It just adds an ectra nested menu for...I don't know.

On mine, there is a "Close Multiple Tabs" sub-menu that has:

• Close tabs to left
  • Close tabs to right
  • Close other tabs

Is that the one which you feel is unnecessary? A lot of people complained when Close tabs to right was moved into the sub-menu because they used it all the time. I don't think it's a good idea to delete it.

2) Why does full screen get out of full screen without my say so? Just because my mouse moved up too fast and happened to touch the top part screen doesn't mean "Help! get me out of full screen!"

There are two kinds of full-screen, and mousing to the top causes two different behaviors:

• Browser full screen that you enter/exit using F11 (or on Mac, I think it's Ctrl+F); mousing to the top temporarily rolls down the toolbars until you mouse out of the toolbars again
  • Web API full screen that you enter using a button in the page and exit by pressing the Esc key; mousing to the top drops a button you can use the exit full screen

I guess you don't want the scroll bars to roll down? I don't think there is any built-in way to turn that off, but perhaps someone knows of one.