Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events are coming to Mozilla Connect!

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy 2023 🎉

A new year means many new and exciting things are on the way. 

New goals. New features. New opportunities to connect, collaborate, and create. 

In other words…

Events are coming to Mozilla Connect!

These experiences will be designed for us (Product/Engineering Teams here at Mozilla) to share what we’re working on and invite participation from the community aka YOU. We want your help in building the best products possible. 

So we’re thinking:

• Product demos
  • Workshops
  • Roundtable discussions
  • Ideas sessions
  • Activations and meetups
  • Maybe even some fun trivia nights for prizes (swag anyone?)

Events will be mostly virtual early on with everything recorded and shared after for those not able to attend live—we understand that many of us are in different time zones around the world. 

This is a new process and there will be a learning curve as we aim to make sure it’s a productive exercise for all involved. That means we’ll try things out, see what works/what doesn’t, and listen to your feedback along the way. 

Speaking of that…

What events would you like to see here on Connect? What would you be interested in participating and/or viewing? Any particular topics or event styles? 

Let us know in the comments below ⬇️ ⬇️ ⬇️

6 REPLIES 6

Pedro
Making moves

Sounds really nice! New product/feature demos and fun trivia looks like nice activities for the community, but overall, all the mentioned activities would be great to try.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome to hear! Maybe we can come up with some Mozilla Connect swag...we'll see. Should have some more info to share soon, just want to see what you all are interested in as well 🙌

s1fly
Familiar face

I would love to participate in all the above! This does sounds really exciting and it would be fascinating to hear conversations from around the world sharing experiences of Firefox, Thunderbird and maybe even Mozilla Foundation work. 

The only point I would like to make is it would be good to know a topic in advance so that we can think about our responses. Personally, I'm better having thought about something than being given a topic on the spot, if that makes sense.

Also, just wondering about non-English speakers and if there is a way to engage the widest group. I don't know, is this forum localised for users or is everyone here at least English writing?

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great points! And really like the call for something with the Mozilla Foundation. We are hoping to do something with the upcoming MozFest 🤞

Ideally we'll post the event page with info/topic a couple weeks before the event date, and even kick start the conversation and field questions in the comment section. Especially with many members unable to attend live, we want to utilize the event page for continuing the conversation afterwards and sharing any important links there.

Events will be in English. But down the road, we'll explore some localization efforts for the community...including community members potentially hosting their own events. 

s1fly
Familiar face

Thanks for all this response @Jon! This all sounds very exciting and it's great that you're thinking about those who may not be able to attend live.

As an aside, I've never attended MozFest before. It would certainly be good to connect this community to the Foundation's wider work in some way. I appreciate that some are here for Firefox or Thunderbird and that's really important, but others may have further interest in Mozilla's belief in an open, private web.

Jon
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is a great point and glad you brought it up! Will share with the Mozilla Foundation team.