cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dragging bookmarks to library window of bookmarks

Massimo
Making moves

dragging bookmarks to the library window is quite stressing:
sometimes it works, other times some kind of focus problem prevent the minimized library window to open and as you try it keeps beeping!
You have to select the library icon on the windows taskbar to open it then select again your tab and try again dragging the url among your bookmarks.

On IOS I find it even worse... I didn't find a way to drag the bookmark, so what I am doing now, is copying the URL and then going to paste it among the bookmarks. Guys it's such a drag! LOL

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Hi Massimo, are you dragging the tab because it's the fastest way (well, in theory) to drop the tab into a specific bookmark folder? To ask that differently, would it be much slower to select the folder in either of these dialogs:

• in the address bar, click the star icon -- if the panel doesn't stay open, click the star again and toward the bottom, check the box for "Show editor when saving" -- then you can click the triangle next to the frequent folders list to select from the full list
  • right-click the tab > Bookmark Tab..., then you can click the triangle next to the frequent folders list to select from the full list

Alternately, perhaps dragging to the Bookmarks Sidebar would work better? See: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/use-firefox-sidebar-access-bookmarks-history-synced

For iOS, I use this method:

• menu button > on the row that says Bookmarks, tap the star next to Add

Maybe that is faster, or are there extra steps after that?