cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CalDav & TbSync

smorltork
Making moves

In general I feel great about the effort you put into the programm development and maintenance of the firefox and thunderbird/lightning tools. I like them very much and use them on linux (Ubuntu, Mint) I guess, since those products came into being. Great Job!

A bit of a disappointment came, after I recognized, that together with the Version 102.3.0 the compatibility with CalDav and TbSync was gone. This is a rather big problem, because it came without notice and disabled functionalities I heavily rely on.

Is there any change to expect to fix this problem?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smorltork
Making moves

Many thanks for your reply,

to get around Tbsync, I just added a new network calendar in Lightning, so at least I got the sync functionality back eventhough my other, older calendars, arn't accessible anymore. Sync works again between my other Linux Mint and Android installations.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

S2000
Making moves

The changes (at least most of them) were "expected" in that Thunderbird is being heavily rebuilt, and so they were most likely deliberate.

Even though the software changes disabled Tbsync, I know that Thunderbird will have native syncing coming, which would use the same technology as Firefox Sync, and could maybe utilize one's Firefox account. However native syncing isn't expected until version 114, which shouldn't be launched before early 2023.
Also, I don't know about CalDav, whether it was deliberate or simply a bug.

smorltork
Making moves

Many thanks for your reply,

to get around Tbsync, I just added a new network calendar in Lightning, so at least I got the sync functionality back eventhough my other, older calendars, arn't accessible anymore. Sync works again between my other Linux Mint and Android installations.