cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugzilla moderators abuse their priveledges by silencing constructive feedback

bjhvycgythugiko
Making moves

I have been complaining about an undesirable design flaw with Firefox which is briefly summarized in this bug report.  While bugs are a common occurrences with software companies, silencing your users when clearly not breaking any rules is not.  I have had at least 3 accounts disabled for no reason at all for complaining about various issues with this browser, which is my right according to Mozilla's own principles.  I have not used any vulgarity or insults to express my concerns, yet my comments have been suppressed for "noise" and "advocacy".  This is the equivalent of getting ripped off a coffee shop, calling out the person who did it, and then getting kicked out without first getting some kind of refund.  I am heavily invested in Firefox with my business, as the concept of a "highly customizable" browser was appealing.  I have a right to complain as a user as long as I am doing so peacefully.  If receiving complaints makes the work environment "hostile" for the developers then I suggest they find new professions.  That is just how a business works.  What really grinds my gears is that this particular bug is 10 years old, but apparently it is comments like mine that are holding Mozilla back on fixing these issues, not their lack of priorities.  A trait of low quality people is to always point the finger back at someone else.  It's just Mozilla is a corporation full of these kinds of people so go figure.

1 REPLY 1

jhonsmint
Making moves

I understand your frustration with the undesirable design flaw in Firefox and your experience with having your comments suppressed and accounts disabled when voicing your concerns on Mozilla's platform. It can be disheartening when users feel silenced or ignored by software companies, especially when they believe they are not breaking any rules and are expressing their concerns peacefully.

As a user, you have the right to express your feedback and complaints about the browser, as long as you do so respectfully without using vulgarity or insults. Constructive criticism is essential for companies to improve their products and services. It is also understandable that you may have invested a lot in Firefox for your business, and it can be frustrating when long-standing issues like the one in the bug report remain unresolved.

While it's important for software companies to prioritize and address issues raised by users, it's also essential for users to be aware that fixing bugs can be a complex process, and sometimes, it takes time to resolve certain issues, even ones that have been present for a long time.

However, if you feel that your feedback is being dismissed unfairly, it might be worth trying to communicate your concerns through different channels or seeking assistance from Mozilla's support team. Remaining respectful and constructive in your communication can increase the chances of your feedback being taken seriously.

Remember that software development is a collaborative process, and it is crucial for both users and developers to work together to create a better product. Hopefully, in the future, you can find a way to effectively communicate your concerns and see positive changes in Firefox that benefit both you and other users.