cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bookmark says "firefox suggested"

bakiyau
Making moves

why is my bookmark labeled as "firefox suggested" when i write a keyword in the URL bar when I'm the one that made the bookmark not firefox?

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

The autocomplete panel has two main groups:

(1) Dynamic search engine suggestions + search history suggestions

(2) All the other suggestions - bookmarks, history, open tabs, etc.

That second group has a "Firefox suggest" heading.

If you don't want the heading, you actually can get rid of it this way:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.urlbar.groupLabels.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false

Is it possible to get rid of #1? I want my bookmark/Firefox suggestion autocompleted by default.

@BookmarkPlz wrote:

Is it possible to get rid of #1? I want my bookmark/Firefox suggestion autocompleted by default.

You can change the address bar suggestions using various checkboxes on the Settings page.

As for what Firefox will autofill into the address bar, normally it is only top level addresses (not full URLs). At some point, probably on r/Firefox, I read that there is a preference in about:config related to some ongoing testing of full URL autofill, but I didn't keep track of what it was called.