cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bookmark error after update to version 110.0

Trafficphotogra
Making moves

Hello,

since yesterday's update, using the bookmark list has become almost impossible. If the list normally remains at the last position called up, it now always jumps back to the starting position. If you want to call up several bookmarks one after the other, you have to search through the list again each time, even if the bookmarks are directly one below the other. Sometimes the Pos1 and End keys in the bookmarks don't work either. Please fix this error quickly, it is currently very time-consuming. Thanks very much.

Regards

Manuel

78 REPLIES 78

@Spider-Man wrote:

commenter above is right. now I cannot do what he described either. also, ANOTHER new problem has developed... now whenever I even ADD a bookmark the entire freakin browser freezes up for like a good 10-15 seconds and won't let me do anything with it and then goes back to normal. wow. so we've gone from one bookmark issue to basically inability to even add a bookmark without a freezing browser every 5 minutes.  not enough facepalms in the world for mozilla right now.  just not. 

That could be caused by a Sync issue or database corruption problem. Please post that on the Mozilla Support site. Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

SkidLid
Making moves

As far as i can see update 111.0 HAS NOT resolved the bookmark issue.

Confirmed.  Occasionally works, but almost always still fails.  My hopes for 111.0 are dashed.

I've tried it a number of times and it still definitely fails.

The problem is fixed in the 113 Nightly, who knows how long it will take for the regular version to become 113.

It seems to work in 113 Nightly.. Thanks for the tip...

Yes , this bug is terrible and i hope they fix this in this month.

Minbari1951
Making moves

there have been several posts about this yet, the problem remains uncorrected after several update.  This needs to be fixed.  It's VERY inconvenient that bookmarks default back to the top of the list when being re-accessed. Please make the fix happen!

SkidLid
Making moves

Update 111.0.1 released today and this issue is STILL NOT resolved!!!

D2r2
Making moves

And now here is Firefox 111.0.1 (64)! I don't see the point of continuing to make lots of updates when the bookmarks problem is still not solved since version 110. It's like repainting your car while the engine is broken. Ridiculous !

Yep , i think some coder he must have been drunk to spoil this important FF feature 🙂

grfxguy
Making moves

At least the issue with cursor focus not shifting to fly-out Bookmarks folders appears to be resolved in 111.0.1. Baby steps.

This is absolutely crazy. I thought I was doing something wrong, then found and read this thread. Unbelievable because this is a huge issue for someone like me with bookmarks built up over years. I can't do wht I need for work. GET IT DONE. I'm gone if this doesn't get fixed and I've always gone with ff.

dave_in_jax
Making moves

Clearly breaking FF was easier than fixing FF.  I just downloaded an advanced copy of v113.0a1 and tested the fix against mutliple tabs and windows.  Thankfully it seems to work.  The downside is that 113.0.a1 is a beta version for developers and anything in the software may not make the final release.  Also, the "nightly version" is, itself, a separate browser from standard FF, so you'd have to export your bookmarks from FF and reimport them into "nightly" 113.0a1.  The same goes for cookies and other saved data.  But, I do a couple things with large menus that cost me time and effort trying to locate my last position, and generally don't care about cookies when I need the function.  The stuff I need cookies for I can use the regular version.  Anyway, thought I'd share - here's the link to a site that you can download 113.0a1 from:

https://www.softexia.com/web-browsers/firefox-113

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox Nightly (2 versions ahead) and Firefox Developer Edition (1 version ahead) can install side-by-side with the regular release for testing. Beta (1 version ahead) may replace your regular installation, which makes it hard to return to normal. Either way, please use official sources for downloads:

https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/channel/desktop/

pjmelect
Making moves

I have just had version 11.2.0 installed on my computer the problem is still not fixed although opening a lot of sites does not cause the problem (about half) which is a big improvment.

CptDunsel
Making moves

I agree! I may have to go back a couple of updates to get rid of this bookmark feature. I know not to allow automatic updates, or any updates for that matter.

C'mon Man! 😂😅🤣

D2r2
Making moves

And now here is Firefox 112.0 (64)! I don't see the point of continuing to make lots of updates when the bookmarks problem is still not solved since version 110. It's like repainting your car while the engine is broken. Ridiculous !

FATH3R
Making moves

is there someone from Mozilla reading this topic ?

D2r2
Making moves

🤔😠😡

jscher2000
Leader

The fix for this problem is currently in beta testing in future Firefox 113. If you want to test Firefox 113 alongside your current installation, the safest way -- it won't overwrite your regular Firefox -- is to install the Firefox Developer Edition from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/.

LEMON48
Making moves

112- HAS NOT resolved the bookmark issue.

Mes81
Making moves

112.0 still having this problem.

@Mes81 wrote:

112.0 still having this problem.

@LEMON48 wrote:

112- HAS NOT resolved the bookmark issue.

The fix for this problem is currently in beta testing in future Firefox 113. If you want to test Firefox 113 alongside your current installation, the safest way -- it won't overwrite your regular Firefox -- is to install the Firefox Developer Edition from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/developer/.

chungus9
Making moves

For those who still have that bug. I was able to resolve this by reversing browser.bookmarks.defaultLocation to default value.
1. go to: about:config
2. set parameter: browser.bookmarks.defaultLocation -> toolbar

Doesn't work. Sorry

@D2r2 wrote:

@chungus9 wrote:

For those who still have that bug. I was able to resolve this by reversing browser.bookmarks.defaultLocation to default value.
1. go to: about:config
2. set parameter: browser.bookmarks.defaultLocation -> toolbar

Doesn't work. Sorry

This setting relates to where Firefox will save the next bookmark Firefox updates it each time you save a bookmark in a new folder. I don't think it is related to the menu position problem because you can get long lists regardless of where you save bookmarks.

D2r2
Making moves

Cool ! And now here is Firefox 112.0.1 (64)! I don't see the point of continuing to make lots of updates when the bookmarks problem is still not solved since version 110. It's like repainting your car while the engine is broken. Ridiculous ! 😠😡

davekram
Making moves

The last few updates messed up Bookmarks, by automatically returning to the top,BAD. I'm contacting a few sites, that are located about 1/2 way down a long list, and Now I have to waste time, going down the list time and time again..  It should stay wear I last left it.(Unless I restart Firefox)..  I'll probably reinstall an older Firefox version..

jscher2000
Leader

Thanks to all for your patience. Firefox 113, scheduled to release on Tuesday, May 9th, will have a fix for this bug affecting Firefox 110-112.

Please note that auto-update has a delay mechanism: just in case the new version has some critical flaw, the new version isn't revealed to all installations of Firefox that check for updates during the first few days. You may want to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to check for the update if your Firefox hasn't discovered it by then.

Ref. Update Firefox to the latest release.

Endar
Making moves

Why new updates don't keep the last fix point position deployed in a 'bookmark' context menu folder. To stand out from others, firefox should keep this difference. This is my main 'reason why' for using Firefox. Fix it, please!!!

Firefox 113, scheduled to release on Tuesday, May 9th, will have a fix for this bug affecting Firefox 110-112 -- at least for the drop-down menus (not sure about a right-click context menu).

Please note that auto-update has a delay mechanism: just in case the new version has some critical flaw, the new version isn't revealed to all installations of Firefox that check for updates during the first few days. You may want to wait until Wednesday or Thursday to check for the update if your Firefox hasn't discovered it by then.

Scribbles71
Making moves

One of the main reasons I love Firefox is because I have a long list of bookmarks which I go through in order on a daily basis. Previously, after selecting a particular bookmark and navigating to that page, and then clicking the bookmark menu again to select the next page in that list, the dropdown would open at the location of the last selection on the list. Now it doesn't do that any more and defaults back to the top of the list and I have to scroll down each time to the bookmark I want (in other words, it acts just like the Chrome browser).
Can we have this functionality back?

Firefox 113, scheduled to release on Tuesday, May 9th, will have a fix for this bug affecting Firefox 110-112.

Finally, fixed by 113.0.  Please let's not have this bug return!  And, if it does, the priority to fix it should be much higher.  Permitting such an annoying, productivity-killing deficiency to fester for three months is unacceptable.

D2r2
Making moves

Already ??? 😂

pjmelect
Making moves

Version 113.0 fixes the bookmark problem but has unfortunately introduced another new problem in which if you view YouTube videos in full screen the video does not cover the full screen but leaves a small boarder at the sides and bottom of the screen (but not the top). One step forward and one step back.🙄

SalSantamaura
Making moves

Mozilla giveth and Mozilla taketh away.  Now that the bookmark issue was fixed, 113.0.1 has broken streaming video.  It won't.  When clicking "play" on any number of Web sites, one is presented with a quick flash of the stream's image, then complete black in the frame.  Come on, folks, you're forcing me to actually use Edge.  Please jump on this right away!

@SalSantamaura wrote:

Mozilla giveth and Mozilla taketh away.  Now that the bookmark issue was fixed, 113.0.1 has broken streaming video.  It won't.  When clicking "play" on any number of Web sites, one is presented with a quick flash of the stream's image, then complete black in the frame.  Come on, folks, you're forcing me to actually use Edge.  Please jump on this right away!

I suggest posting this problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, and can help you determine whether this is a bug in Firefox 113.0.1 or a configuration/data issue. Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ