cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Block

GDL
Making moves

Excuse me for commenting, but the Ad Block ads are just as annoying and persistent as the ads which you are proposing to block for a fee.  Please stop them!  I can't even operate certain web sites properly because the lower banner overlays key dialogue boxes.

In the realm of high pressure sales, this is surprising and disappointing for an organization like Mozilla.  Please put this promotion effort under the control of someone with a more experienced and measured operating pattern.  Or at least give us the option to hide the banner.  If such an option exists, I have not been able to find the switch to activate it.

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mozilla doesn't offer any sort of paid service to block ads. It sounds like you've installed a bogus extension, or your computer has been infected with malware. Run AdwCleaner and then refresh your Firefox profile.

To block ads and trackers on websites, install uBlock Origin.

Luca_Pavan
Familiar face

As superuser said, looks you have an ad-blocking extension installed, check your Extensions and Themes. In this case, if the extension allows it, you can add certain websites to exclusions to keep your extension or uninstall it.

2MuchC0ff33
Making moves

I suggest trying these steps to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox:

1. Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of Firefox.
    Select "Add-ons" and then "Extensions."
  2. Look for any extensions that you are unfamiliar with or that you have recently installed.
  3. Remove the extensions by clicking the three horizontal dots next to them, then selecting "Remove."
    Relaunch Firefox.

If the extensions reappear after restarting your computer, you may need to run a malware scan. To scan your system, use free tools such as Malwarebytes or Windows Defender. Consider updating your security software to the most recent version and keeping it turned on at all times.