cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessibility Suggestion - Top Bar Text size

Shube
Making moves

I am a person with a newly acquired visual impairment.  I recently had to change/update my desktop computer.  I cannot see well enough to use phones or tablets for browsing or navigating websites, so I am old school with a desktop computer and large-ish monitor.   With the new computer, I have found that the firefox accessibility settings and increase zoom only increases the actual web content, but not the address bar/tab titles and book marks bar.  As a result, it is difficult for me to navigate that part of the browser.  I have played with the setting and zoom level, but again, it does not help with the top of the browser.  It seems to have been overlooked in the design.  I imagine you may want to suggest using Windows magnifier, but it would be so much more helpful if, when changing the zoom level in Firefox settings, that it helped increase the fonts of the entire browser.  Turning on an off magnifier for different applications is so very annoying.  I want to stay with firefox, but edge does seem to be more accessible for a person with a visual problem.  I thought I would at least try to provide feedback to see if there is an option that I am not aware of.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

twinedwriter
Making moves

Menu bar and tab fonts should not be faded and blurry. I have no idea why someone thought that was a good idea.

jscher2000
Leader

Hi shube, Firefox follows your system text size or zoom level. On Windows, Firefox should pick up your preference for larger text from the "Make text larger" and "Make everything larger" settings.

If you like the size of text throughout Windows and just want it to be bigger in Firefox, there is a kind of global zoom setting, but it's under the covers. I suggest starting a question on the Mozilla Support site so you can get personal assistance. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ