cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Firefox try so hard to not allow feedback in the feedback for feedback?

BlazeStryker
Making moves

Remember back when feedback was simple? Firefox Makes Me Happy or Firefoxe Makes Me Sad then a box for why.

Right now it makes me sad and here's why. It's forcing Nexusmods to not function and forking over gibberish about an IT department I don't have. BOTTOM LINE is that it's managed to screw up presentation of the webpages again with the latest updates and I want it back. It'd be nice to download a download from a download option! *(&^(*)&^*()&^)*&(^*&^*&)^)*

And in case you don't recognize me...

NO MONEY!!! NOT A DOLLAR!! NOT A CENT!! NOT EVEN A BLUE CHIP STAMP!!

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

What is the problem with using the Nexusmods website -- is there a specific error message? It might be more appropriate for the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ

Regarding the IT department issue: if your Firefox says that your organization is managing some settings in your Firefox, that can be caused by GPO on Windows or a policies.json file on any OS. There are reasons besides company policy to have that, such as Avast/AVG overriding normal certificate checking or the Linux Mint version blocking auto-updates. To see what exactly has been set, type or paste about:policies in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load the About Policies page. The "Active" panel normally says "The Enterprise Policies service is inactive." If yours lists some active policies, that often is a hint as to who is behind setting them. Or we could guess based on what you see.

To dig into policies more deeply, see:

"Support". It is to laugh. Trying to get any notice to anyone set to help the situation is so complicated as to make it pointless, or that would be the case if avoiding all feedback was not the point... which it is.