cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version 129.0.1 has crashed my browser

AlastairKidd
Making moves

When trying to open my Firefox browser from the taskbar this week, I received an error notice saying version 129.0.1 not compatible with min Version>=129.0 max version<=129.0. It then closes. When I opened Firefox from the start menu it opened a completely new version  without any of my passwords, history or favourites. I now appear to have lost all of these. I can't trace any of these in my files. I've attempted to log in to Firefox but don't have my password since I haven't had to use it for years, but when going through the process of getting a new password, it came with a warning that I might lose all my history, password etc. I'm tempted to start over with Microsoft Edge. Any advice? 

2 REPLIES 2

f1r3f0xM0z1lla
Making moves

Google how to located your favorites.  That stuff is likely auto- backed up in your computer.  If you have to reinstall firefox you may want to  duplicate  these "preferences" again.  Mine is located on the c drive under the mozilla firefox subdirectory, then under a folder called Defaults. Yours might be different.  I had similar experience to you losing my favorites.  My boyfriend's son remotely talked me through restoring  mine.  So theseis just general directions, you could google it for more clarity.  But I got my favorites, etc back! You likely can too.  Generally it's auto backed up.  Good luck!

techiejan

Sorry for delayed response. Thanks for the tip and taking the time to reply. I can't locate them in the same place as yours but I'll google and keep searching.