cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird Update 115.3.2 (64 bit): mouse scroll broken

Krzychu83
Making moves

After last update of Thunderbird 115.3.2 (64 bit) and 115.3.2 (64 bit)
I cannot scroll down any of my received emails.

It's irritating and time-wasting 😕
Can someone do something with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I updated "X-mouse button control" and now i can scroll in Thunderbird. I think the X-mouse button software was causing the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MousewheelNotWo
Making moves

I have the same problem...

It appears that the recent updates to Thunderbird (versions 115.3.2, 64-bit) have caused a scrolling issue within received emails, which is quite frustrating and time-consuming. It would be greatly appreciated if this issue could be addressed promptly to improve the user experience.thepoultryfarm

MousewheelNotWo
Making moves

When I start it in "secure mode or safe mode" i dont know the right word, in german: Fehlerbehebungsmodus, than it works.

I used

Help -> Problem solving mode -> Restart with no addons

It didn't help to me 😕

What is interesting I do the same, but this time I stayed in the Problem Solve Mode.
And scrolling is working.

That's weird.

For now it solves the problem, but it should be put to Thunderbird Team, but I don't know how to inform them about this bug.

tandempace
Making moves

This happens for me as well. Thunderbird was working perfectly fine, then it updated itself and now the scrolling with the mouse wheel doesn't work when searching through emails, and also doesn't scroll within open emails either, or any other parts of Thunderbird.

Thunderbird should resolve this promptly because it is a big nuisance.

I updated "X-mouse button control" and now i can scroll in Thunderbird. I think the X-mouse button software was causing the issue.

I didn't have this software on my pc. I just downloaded it. Are there any changes I need to make in the settings which will fix this scrolling issue in thunderbird?

Right corner next to clock+data -> upper arrow (show running applications) -> X-mouse button control -> right click "Check for updates" -> I have updated from 2.19.2 to 2.20.5

and it solved the problem!

Thank you MousewheelNotWo 😉