cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggetion make Firefox work after install

robrosa99
Making moves

You can bypass this message because you don't agree with the title but that won't help your product and the suggestion is accurate, read on.

I have tried to use Firefox as my default brower several times. It does not work out of the box and it is very frustrating to deal with, so once again, I am going with Google Chrome and this is why:

It works for simple browsing, but the minute I need to do something a little more complicated like a secure transation, such as buying an airline ticket, or recovering a password, Firefox fails. I appreciate security, but I shouldn't have to read the entire manual to know where to go to deal with these failures. Firefox should either work from the start or provide messages regarding the reason for the failure so that the user can focus what is causing the failure or the security settings that is being applied.

Here is another example of issues that cause frustration with Firefox. Why is it difficult to provide feedback? I did find an article about choosing "Firefox Menu" then "Help" then "Share ideas and feedback", but this takes me to a webpage that shows several options with no real direction other than to try several searches to see if your issue shows up. Once you find something similar, you need to go through the additional sign in procedure.. that FAILS during sign in! Now I have to deal with this failure so that I can address the prior failure.

I eventually find a different feedback option under about and "Help" and "About" that takes you to a different webpage that brings you here, but before finding this other option... I installed Google Chrome and completed my time sensitive transaction and recovered my password that required a "I'm not a robot" checkbox that Firefox did not display.

Here is what I'm using:

New rig with Windows 11 Pro
Made firefox the default brower and changed all the "Default Apps by file type" from Edge to Firefox
AMD 7800X3D, 2TB NVME, 64GB Ram

0 REPLIES 0