cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slim Firefox for Homeautomation?

jo_blkforme
Making moves

Hi everyone,

not sure if that is the right place to post, but if not, please direct it or tell me.

Home automation as of today is widely unused and "proprietary". Even "projects" like ALLSEEN ore now MATTER are more closing the market for smaller developers than they help them.

Many "modern" apps and appliances bring their own app & surface for android, ios etc., but in the end that all leads into a jungle of apps that will confuse the user and if you want to leave home, you might have to use multiple apps to change status etc in stead of having a single point of access.

This, from my point of view, is not nice and is due to the lack of a "standardized, open source, open license" client to use that understands multiple protocols and can update itself if changes on a server happen.

I do a little development in PHP (which is subject to being ported to Python and others) but I am in need for a unified UI to access the server functions and represent the status of devices.

AFAIK there is no "universal client" so far. Also other projects like OpenHab would be in need for such an open and universal "user access point" running on tablets, pc's and mobile devices.

I wonder if - maybe a slim subset of - Firefox could not be developped into a "standard viewer" for home automation projects and if some people are interested in such.

Regards Jürgen

0 REPLIES 0