cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save image then popup window

tybreizh29
Making moves

Hello

When saving a file with a context menu on an html page, there is a popup window appearing, with the list of previously downloaded items (appears even if the download page is displayed).

This make lose the focus on the main page and I need to click back on it to get back the focus on the html page.

Clearly you have to choose between those 2 windows because it's useless when the download page is displayed, and for my usage i stopped using firefox only because of that, i lose to much time clicking on the web page to get back the focus.

best regards

marc

3 REPLIES 3

Hindustanice
Making moves

It is really annoying indeed. Such a waste of time !

I hope they will fix this. I can't find a way to make it back to "normal"

jscher2000
Leader

Hopefully the Downloads list opening will be made optional in a future release. For now, you can use a hidden setting to stop it from doing that:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste browser.download.alwaysOpenPanel and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true (open it) to false (do not open it)

Hi, thanx a lot for posting this answer. I did it and it works perfectly ! Best regards from France, with gratitude, Nicolas