cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save File Crashes Firefox

man2016
Making moves

>80% of the time attempting to save an online image such as a .jpg will cause Firefox to hang requiring closing and restarting Firefox.

6 REPLIES 6

Doug51
Making moves

Me too. FireFox freezes randomly when I try to "save image as". In fact almost every save attempt through FireFox results in the same freeze requiring the Taskmanager to close the program! Doug@awiz.com

Hi, Doug51. It hasn't happened lately and I'm wondering if it wasn't fixed in an update. Make sure your Firefox is up to date.

Doug51
Making moves

Thanks for the reply. I'm running the latest FireFox 101.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 11 64 GB memory with the latest weekly update. All of my other browsers work just fine. I have installed Microsoft Edge, Opera, Brave and FireFox. FireFox is the default. I keep hoping the developers will fix this issue in the next update but it hasn't happened yet. I've been dealing with this issue for a long time. A couple of years ago I had to move away from Mozilla Thunderbird because, after 15 years of perfect stability, it suddenly kept crashing. I really liked it but I no choice.  This bug is very annoying. I want to keep FireFox because I like the left Bookmarks bar and no one else has one that works as well.

Yep, crashing when trying to save an image (.jpg, .gif, etc.) is an ongoing problem. Doesn't happen all the time but enough that it is very annoying.

wtfuwannaknow
Making moves

Happens every time I want to save a file, not only images

JudeB
Making moves

Firefox crashes almost every time I save a Word document. Super annoying. Has been happening for months