cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing pages

DRCraigPhD
Making moves

The new print menu is absolutely terrible.  Even the simple choices like "portrait" or "landscape" have disappeared.  If you choose full size, it cheerfully cuts off the side of the page.  If you choose "fit to paper," it creates microscopic, unreadable text.  If you choose full size and then use the system printer options to rotate to landscape, it still prints the cut off pages, just landscape and using only part of the paper width.  The print feature has become beyond useless.  The old version was superior to all other browser choices.  Now, in order to print, I have to change browsers, which is a serious pain if it involves logging into a site followed by several menus to get through to the wanted page.  I am beyond disappointed in this alleged improvement.  "Nightmare" is a much better description.

2 REPLIES 2

Motorhead
Making moves

I agree 100% with @DRCraigPhD.  These problems have been around FOR-EV-OR.  If I print landscape it's because I want to use the full width of the paper for crying out loud!  It's absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed.  

jscher2000
Leader

@DRCraigPhD wrote:

Even the simple choices like "portrait" or "landscape" have disappeared.

If a website uses an @page {size} style rule, Firefox will hide the orientation selector. To get that back, you can tell Firefox to ignore those kinds of rules:

Here's how you can check on that:

(A) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.

More info on about:config: Configuration Editor for Firefox. Please keep in mind that changes made through this back door aren't fully supported and aren't guaranteed to continue working in the future.

(B) In the search box in the page, type or paste layout.css.page-size.enabled and pause while the list is filtered

(C) Double-click the preference to switch the value from true to false