cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING EMAILS WITH EMOJI'S IN THEM

EWS-CT
Making moves

Hello all,

After the debacle with the 'READ' button since the last update a few weeks ago, I fear I have another conundrum with the update!

Is anyone else have issues with printing emails that have emoji's on them?

The message header gets printed, then the subject, then all the information up to the point where the emoji is, then nothing!  Sometimes the outline of a cell if a graph has been used, but none of the information contained in that cell.  No graphics, no signature, nothing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I have to forward the email and remove the emoji then print and its fine.

Thanks for taking the time to look and hopefully come up with some suggestions for me.

13 REPLIES 13

Cory
Making moves

I am having the exact same issue. There is nothing on this at all that I have been able to find on the web.

jalaha
Making moves

Me to, exact same problem, - the emoji is the problem. If I make a reply and print the reply before sending (in editing "mode") the same happens, but I can then delete the emoji and everything is now printed.

EWS-CT
Making moves

Hello,

Does anyone have a solution or workaround on this one yet?  I still cant see anything from anyone at Mozilla coming up with the solution yet.

If I've missed it, I would be glad to hear from anyone, how to solve the problem

BERNM
Making moves

I have the same problem but similarly have seen no replies to solve the problem

kid_lazer
Making moves

Same issue here. We have a few clients that insist on sending emojis in their correspondence, and not being able to print without hacky work-arounds is terrible.

EWS-CT
Making moves

Im struggling to see how Mozilla cant fix the issue, unless of course they have zero idea on what is causing the issue.  Some information from them would be greatly appreciated.

kid_lazer
Making moves

As additional information, I have verified that it is NOT a printer/driver issue. I thought maybe I could work around the issue by saving the email as a PDF, but it was blank after and including the emoji just like with standard printing.

The current workaround that I have advised my staff to use is to highlight the text before the emoji, then while holding CTRL select the remaining text after the emoji, then open Print Preview. The print format should then automatically change to "selection" and it will print properly.

With the increased popularity of emojis, this needs addressed yesterday.

any further news on this please as having the same problem ........ this seems to be the only thread running on the problem....

EWS-CT
Making moves

@cj988

Unfortunately it seems we are the only ones talking about it.  But it must be effecting every Thunderbird user!?

I dont know how to bump it up the 'importance' ladder unfortunately.

FireandThunder
Making moves

Same problem for me, as well. I'm using Thunderbird v115.0.7.

Justme2024
Making moves

I know for sure, that ver. 115.7.0 (64-bit) has the "emoji" problem, but if you update to ver. 115.9.0 (64-bit) it will be solved. - Or you can use the ver. 68.11.0 (32-bit)!

Have a nice day!

Thanks for your email.  I just posted on another site that we're now fully functioning with our emoji printing!  Halleluja! 😉

FireandThunder
Making moves

Just updated to 115.9.0 (64-bit) and the emoji printing problem is solved.

Thanks to the team for the quick fix! 😍