cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please make it impossible for stealing stored passwords on Firefox

Dushan
Making moves

Yesterday, while looking for text to speech voices, I downloaded a zip file from this site:

When I extracted and opened the file my PC went out of control and all my stored passwords were stolen then changed, and I could not access my own hotmail, linkedIn, google and other accounts.
Please make it impossible for any malware to gain access to stored passwords on Firefox.

Thanking you in advance,

Dushan BOODHENA

3 REPLIES 3

Serg
Employee
Employee

@Dushan  sorry to hear you got hacked. Unfortunately there is not much a browser (an app on your system) can do once malware is running on your system. It's best to double check any download for viruses, especially the ones promising you cracked versions of software.

daninsatx
Making moves

Maybe use the bitwarden add on.  I use it for my passwords and it works on several different browsers.  It is free and probably would not have been hacked since it is encrypted and you have to enter a password to access pw.

Serg
Employee
Employee

Bitwarden and any other password manager are a good tool to use. But all of them are apps on the system, if system has a malware on it none of the apps can be secured.