cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please add the "-no-deelevate" argument as a permanent option in about:config

alexceltare2
Making moves

I can't drag & drop and my overal browsing experience is limited because I have my UAC disabled. The "-no-elevate" argument only works for the shortcut, not for the exe, links or when is overwritten by an update. This problem never occured with Chrome and adding it in the "Advanced" category in about:convig seems like a no brainer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

Are you running Windows 7? I think this is smoother on Windows 10 because I hardly hear about it any more.

There used to be an optional preference named browser.launcherProcess.enabled but I don't know whether that has any effect in recent versions of Firefox. I think it's unlikely that a new one would be added since the ability to reject DLL injection is an important security feature.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jscher2000
Leader

Are you running Windows 7? I think this is smoother on Windows 10 because I hardly hear about it any more.

There used to be an optional preference named browser.launcherProcess.enabled but I don't know whether that has any effect in recent versions of Firefox. I think it's unlikely that a new one would be added since the ability to reject DLL injection is an important security feature.

alexceltare2
Making moves

No, you are right, it works like a charm once set to false. Thanks. Yes, I was using Windows 7.